Weight Of A 6x2x2.5 Tank, 10mm Glass

8inary

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
550
Reaction score
0
Points
0
As the title says, I would appreciate your views on the above.

I am considering an apartment 3rd floor, however want to put in a 6ft x 2ft x 2.5ft tank, circa 10mm glass.

Am I right in thinking 1ltr of water equals 1kg in weight - just so I can work out the total weight, well, there abouts
as substrate and stuff will reduce it.

Anyone else have a large tank above the first floor?

Thanks for you help 'in advance'
 
youre looking at about 2200lbs full

i have a similar sized tank on the second floor of my house. i belive mine is 6x2x1.5
 
hmm bit of a bugger isnt it lol sounds costly!
 
^^Or three in 8inary's case. If it goes through one floor it will likely go through the rest. That would be costly....

Truck's right. Every house is different, and only a trained professional can even get close to saying yay or nay accurately. A survay should not be too costly in the current climate, I suspect ;)

All the best
Rabbut
 
Wow, I just have the 3 tanks on the second floor of our timber framed house and I thought I was living on the edge!

Man, you got balls with that idea :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top