We need your help with our designs!

pyralis101

Reaction score
Hello to the Fish Forums community.

We are a private company with the mission of creating large aquarium rock structures, caves and platforms for serious aquarists. Our company came about as one of our founders purchased a 75 gallon tank, and couldn't find decorations large enough when aquascaping the tank. In March 2020, we begin the process of creating new and unique aquarium decor, only for larger tanks. While large driftwood does exist in the market, large stone structures do not. Our process involves scanning real rocks into a CAD format, and then a team of 3d designers work to digitally stack or assemble the rocks and perfect the shape and finish of the rock. It then goes to a mechanical engineer who creates the final structure. We then mix a polyester resin with real rock particles, and cast a product which is Ph Neutral and Non-Toxic. Each rock goes through dozens of revisions and takes about 3 months of meticulous work from start to finish.

The products have hidden water holes and air escapes for the structure to fill with water upon submersion. They weigh about 75% less than the actual rock, but are robust and won't break easily. Each model comes in a Large, XLarge, and XXLarge size, targets for 40+, 75+, and 150+ gallon tanks respectively. We don't make rocks for smaller tanks - as there are plenty of those at your local aquarium shop. Each model also comes in six rock types: Sandstone, Limestone, Red Sandstone, Lava Rock, Light Grey and Dark Grey.

Currently there are many designs that are in the final stages, but we want to ensure the quality of these designs will meet the expectations and needs of serious aquarists. We will be posting one design each week in this forum, and we ask for your honest feedback regarding what you like, don't like, and how to improve. We will take action based on your feedback to insure we are delivering the best product before we release these into production.

Our design team is a little biased with our designs :) so please help us create amazing designs that will benefit our community with this new line of products.

As this is not a commercial effort, we will not be providing our company name or promoting any products, in any way.

Thanks to all of you for your feedback!

Last edited:
so... do we draw a thingy of tank design? sorry im not very technical with hardscape

I understand it to mean they'll post photos of one design every week and they are asking us to comment on it - do we like it, if not what we don't like, how we think it could be better etc.

I understand it to mean they'll post photos of one design every week and they are asking us to comment on it - do we like it, if not what we don't like, how we think it could be better etc.
ah yes. i understand. i wont unfollow

Not against any forum rules?

The products have hidden water holes and air escapes for the structure to fill with water upon submersion.
Can water flow through them easily?
If not, you might get anaerobic pockets of water in the rock and this could be a problem to fish spending time near it.

Most reactions

Back