Water changes, done the wrong way

Rusty_Shackleford40 155

Fish Addict
Joined
Jan 6, 2019
Messages
737
Reaction score
1,551
Points
93



Can you believe how absurd this %@&*! is?
I'm absolutely floored people follow this idiot and religiously belive the nonsense crap he spews forth. This needs to stop.
 
hey… old fish water is good for something, it makes great water, with which to water our house plants, I also water my new apple tree with it, but it would never get reused for fish…

if you are in an area with water shortages, it would work great to flush your toilets…
 
hey… old fish water is good for something, it makes great water, with which to water our house plants, I also water my new apple tree with it, but it would never get reused for fish…

if you are in an area with water shortages, it would work great to flush your toilets…
I use it to water my potted plants, works great... that is all I can think of tho
 
hey… old fish water is good for something, it makes great water, with which to water our house plants, I also water my new apple tree with it, but it would never get reused for fish…

if you are in an area with water shortages, it would work great to flush your toilets…

I use it to water my potted plants, works great... that is all I can think of tho
I've used it to water plants as well, houseplants and flower pots outside. I've never even half considered putting it back in an aquarium. Maybe I should contact Father Fraud and see if he recycles his urine by drinking it.
 
Old fish tank water can be used in many ways has been mentioned it is good for house plants/ garden plants, when I start a new Fishtank I use old
tank water I use old tank water for Daphia culture. When I spawn egg laying Fish, I use old water.
 
By reposting his video you are increasing his audience..
I realize it's a double edged sword. He gets views but also gets exposed for the fraud he is. I purposely avoid watching his videos as much as possible.
I would hope he's not getting more exposure here, that people here would know better. If anyone reading this is a FF disciple, feel free to never contact me. I'm not lying when I tell you I'll have nothing nice to say.
 
When I spawn egg laying Fish, I use old water.

I would never ever do this. But I spawn plecos which come from rivers with pristine water (mostly the Rio Xingu in Brazil). The fish I spawn I have paid anywhere from $270 to $1,000 per fish to acquire because of how rare they are and how difficult they are to acquire let alone as being proven breeders. Almost all of the fish which have had spawn in my tanks for me have been egg layers since I stopped keeping live bearer almost 20 years ago.

Most of the fish I have had reproduce in my tanks create a limited number of eggs which is one of the reasons they are so expensive. I can say that triggering them can require doing a dry/rainy season simulation. But this does not mean the water is dirty, it means it is harder and often a bit higher in pH in the dry season. Their fry need very clean water.

Besides ignoring father fish, you have to forgive him as he is apparently old and senile and probably no longer remembers from which end a fish eats.

I have no problem drinking the same water water I put into tank after a water changes or for a new tank start up. The water I take out goes one of two places, out a window or into a toilet. Once in a while I will water the two potted plants we have inside the house. We have had them for a several of decades.

I almost never use Youtube as a source of information for fish unless I know the person who made the vid.
 
I would never ever do this. But I spawn plecos which come from rivers with pristine water (mostly the Rio Xingu in Brazil). The fish I spawn I have paid anywhere from $270 to $1,000 per fish to acquire because of how rare they are and how difficult they are to acquire let alone as being proven breeders. Almost all of the fish which have had spawn in my tanks for me have been egg layers since I stopped keeping live bearer almost 20 years ago.

Most of the fish I have had reproduce in my tanks create a limited number of eggs which is one of the reasons they are so expensive. I can say that triggering them can require doing a dry/rainy season simulation. But this does not mean the water is dirty, it means it is harder and often a bit higher in pH in the dry season. Their fry need very clean water.

Besides ignoring father fish, you have to forgive him as he is apparently old and senile and probably no longer remembers from which end a fish eats.

I have no problem drinking the same water water I put into tank after a water changes or for a new tank start up. The water I take out goes one of two places, out a window or into a toilet. Once in a while I will water the two potted plants we have inside the house. We have had them for a several of decades.

I almost never use Youtube as a source of information for fish unless I know the person who made the vid.
I'm with you. But we're old school.
To realize this moron has 340,000 subscribers to his YouTube channel is frightening. I'm guessing 340,000 subscribers is more than all the active online forum members combined. A whole generation of younger fishkeepers are being taught incorrectly by this bozo.
 
The fact that he has 340,000 subscribers proves 2 things to me. The first is anybody can be a Youtube star no matter whether they have a clue or not. The second is that the average person is basically stupid.

"If at first you don't succeed, you're running about average"

Quote Origin & Context
    • Author: Attributed to M.H. Alderson, and recorded in Reader’s Digest in 1955. [1]
    • Meaning: It normalizes failure by pointing out that missing the mark on a first attempt is a common human experience rather than an unusual catastrophe. [1, 2]
    • Variations: Popular cynical or humorous spin-offs include W.C. Fields’ quip: "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it," and Robert Orben’s definition: "Think of it as timed-release success." [1, 2]
 

Most reactions

Back
Top