Wat would be a good color pattern to mate him wit?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GuppyDude

Stephen
Reaction score
fwbettasct1091612857.jpg

this is my fish Ma'zen, i havn't got him yet but im alredy trying to find him a mate. i dont plan on breeding him n e time soon but i was just wondering wat would be a good color pattern to mate him with? i was thinking sumthing metallic :dunno:

i would try and keep the black line going and try to find a black/steel female to mate him with. Anything else and i'm afriad you'll lose the black.

ya i dont wanna lose the black but i wanna c if i can add a lil more color to his fins, aybe a brighter blu :dunno: they had his sister there for the same price but i dont wanna do business overseas again and i dont wanna inbreed -_-

i'm not sure how the black gene works, but i think if you breed him wiht a blue female or something you'll end up with mostly blue fry. I think the female has to carry the black geno if you want to keep some of the color -_-

if you want black... give him a yellow or orange mate =) cuz the yellow and orange will be dominated by the black and most likely there will be hardly any yellow or orange fry =) maybe none

Maybe one like her?

fish2.jpg

A really dark steel blue would be nice I think.

Auratus said:
Maybe one like her?

fish2.jpg

A really dark steel blue would be nice I think.
Wow! she's purdy aura! is it yours? but yea.... listen to cc and aura's advice my advice is most likely to be most stupid :p

well the females gotta be parsially black for sure, but id rely like to introduce sum lighter more brighter colors so their not as dull, i mean the male is very pretty, but i wanna make sure the fry are even prettyier ;)

lol i wouldn't consider black a dull color on a betta, i think it's one of hte hardest lines to work with, seeing that pure black females are not even fertile -_-

it would be easy to introduce a new color inot him, it's keeping his color tha'ts difficult ;)

im not gunna get a full black female, im gunna try and get and half balck half blu female sumwhere, but first im gunna studdy betta genetics and make sure i dont screw anything up :D

Auratus said:
But black females are infertal, right? :dunno:
I think only pure black ones are :dunno: but yea... it would be easy to get any new colour on him... wouldnt it be cool if he was black AND WHITE?? :nod:

you wont' get a pure black (unless you are seriously lucky), becuase pure black females are infertile :)

cutecotton said:
you wont' get a pure black (unless you are seriously lucky), becuase pure black females are infertile :)
but wouldnt it be like impossible to get a pure black then?? since pure black females are 99% infertile... and if the parents are not 100% pure black then they prolly wont spawn pure black bettas... argh im confused lol

Most reactions

trending

Back