Warning about Fluval 60L 7000K LED

ukdamon

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 60L Fluval Edge Aquarium with integrated filter and LED lighting.
It's a lovely sized tank, but I wanted share a couple of issues with you in case you're thinking of getting one.

The LED light is great, and super bright. It does have 3 modes. White, White & Blue and Blue only LED's

However, because it has a touch button on the top, you cannot plug the light into a timer, when the timer switches the light off, it cannot be switched on again from the timer/plug. The only way it can be switched on is to touch the button on the lid. I have managed to fit the Fluval light timer to it, but that only dims the light down to 1%, I cannot have it switch off which is a shame.

The lid is also a bit of a fiddle. Apart from that, its a nice tank. Fluval just didn't think through the lighting.

BettaKeeperUS

Reaction score
I just received this tank. I wish I would have come across this post before I bought it. I am setting up a planted tank and need the light on a timer. I currently have a wifi connected power strip that I can control from my phone (setup schedules, turn on/off, etc. When the light is turned on by the powerstrip, it flickers for a little and then doesn't come on. I've tried to use other timers and none of them work. Which fluval light timer worked for you? I also contacted Hagen Fluval and will update this thread when/if I get a response.

Naughts

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 60L Fluval Edge Aquarium with integrated filter and LED lighting.
It's a lovely sized tank, but I wanted share a couple of issues with you in case you're thinking of getting one.

The LED light is great, and super bright. It does have 3 modes. White, White & Blue and Blue only LED's

However, because it has a touch button on the top, you cannot plug the light into a timer, when the timer switches the light off, it cannot be switched on again from the timer/plug. The only way it can be switched on is to touch the button on the lid. I have managed to fit the Fluval light timer to it, but that only dims the light down to 1%, I cannot have it switch off which is a shame.

The lid is also a bit of a fiddle. Apart from that, its a nice tank. Fluval just didn't think through the lighting.
Sounds familiar. We have a LoveFish 40 litre. The light is great -white/ white blue/ blue option - but it is on the same plug as the filter so you can't use a traditional plug timer. Have to use the switch in the lid. Annoying if you're out!!!
The feeding hatch is a bit of a fiddle too.
This Fluval brand is a lot more widespread though, you'd expect them to think these things through.

Fishmanic

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
If you are handy , you would have To disassemble the light and then you would have to rewire the light to bypass the switch. Then you can use a timer to automatically control it Properly but you would only be able to wire up for one lighting mode.

Last edited:
Search tags for this page

7000k led light in aquarium

7000 k led marine

fluval 7000k lighting

fluval spec 60 litre freshwater led aquarium reviews

fluval spec 60 timer

how can i improve my fluval freshwater 60 litre aquarium