TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POTM
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE NOW
We have 11 very pampered pets entered into the September 2020 Pet of the Month Contest. View all the pets and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for POTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific pet in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken.

Poll will close on September 28th at 4:32 PM EST.
Thread will periodically be cleaned up for readability.
We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation

Last edited:
20200910_001746.jpg

This is Franka, my 5 year old's pet orange Mexican dwarf crayfish. My kid named her.
She is an inch long, no idea on her age. We just got her this week, but we are in love with her already.
She lives in a 2.5 gallon as a grow out, once she gets a little bigger she will move to a larger home. She will only get 1.5-2 inches tops.
She's very curious and sweet, likes to explore and move around gravel and small plants. Maybe eat a couple snails here and there.
She eats OmegaOne kelp pellets, shrimp pellets, and flakes, plus anything else she picks up and eats (she isn't too fussy, but she does like the kelp pellets most so far).

Last edited by a moderator:
B75E6A3E-4425-4856-A3F4-ACCDBCD43BB8.jpeg

This is my Collie Lola! We have had her since she was 9 weeks old. She turned 5 this past June.

She loves to eat cooked hot dogs and she also loves crepes (plain of course), but we feed her buffalo blue as her main food. She gets extremely excited when visitors comes as she starts to bark and run around. She also loves to play tug of war, but she can’t play fetch as she never returns the toy, only runs away. She is very sweet and loves tummy rubs along with

She knows how to sit, lay down, give both paws, jump, “speak” (which she makes a mooing noise like a cow it’s adorable), stay, follow, “couch” where she jumps onto the couch and lays down, and she also knows “tub” where she goes to the tub in the bathroom to clean her paws.

In the second picture I woke her up from her usual afternoon nap on accident but she went back to sleep!

8E0889E7-A0DB-495B-AC6C-3200D81B4A82.jpeg

This is our baby boy, Moo. We adopted him from Cats Protection in April 2017, at which point he was 1. He had been given up as a kitten to a household with 4 other cats. They stressed him out so he got given to Cats Protection.
Well of course I hounded them (embarrassingly) and they’d told me they’d received lots of enquiries about him but as we were first we had first refusal. (Like refusal was going to happen) Even if he had a farm cat temperament, living rurally it wouldn’t have been an issue.

Cats Protection did a house visit, turns out the leader of that branch lives up the road from us :lol: so she knew he’d be safe and have loads of land to roam.

He’s all over white, caused by lack of melanin. Because of this he has heterachromia. He also has his entire hearing, usually it’s only cats with two blue eyes but even then it is rare. We found out in January this year he has gastrointestinal issues so is on a hypoallergenic diet of a mixture of Lily’s Kitchen and Nestle Purina HA biscuits. He had to have steroids early on to stop him being sick (it was so much at one point I thought my husband had been ill and not made it to the loo). He’s doing very well now and hasn’t needed steroids for 6 months on diet alone.

We *think* and have even had others say he is partly Turkish Van, his ears are big and his tail is so long, he resembles a kangaroo:D
He is the love of our lives, a cheeky, chatty and fun little thing and we’d be lost without him
:wub:
Additional picture added as required

8CB65BE2-939A-4BE7-89CE-7753CE1640FD.jpeg

This is Lincoln. He’s a Border Collie Labrador mix. He turned seven in April. We adopted him into the family when he was 4. The family who owned him previously did not socialize him as a puppy, which is important for border collies. Because of this, he didn’t have the greatest behavior. They decided it would be best to find him a new home, as he was being nippy towards their baby. When we went to see him for the first time, well fell in love right away. He was very friendly, and had lots of energy. The family’s yard was small and fenced in, and we felt bad he couldn’t run around much. He was a bit overweight, and in need of some exercise.

Now, Lincoln lives with me and my family. He has 7 acres of land to run and roam on, and there’s no trucks, cars, or people on bikes for him to chase. :) When he’s not chasing chipmunks, he’s sprawled out on his bed. If not asleep, he’s looking for treats, his favorite being a tiny piece of cheddar cheese. He also loves going places in the car, especially hiking.

Resized_20200912_200512.jpeg
. One year for Christmas,she dressed up as a cow.
Hello everyone!
This is Matilda and shes an English Bulldog. She is such a momma girl and protects her family whenever anyone comes close. When we got her, she became my husbands emotional support dog while he was sick. Shes the biggest love bug! She loves to cuddle and get her butt scratched. If you stop,she gets upset and starts to growl and bark so you can start up again. She eats costco grain free beef and sweet potato but only eats it if we put wet food in it. Talk about being spoiled.
Matilda is 5 years old. Under her belly,she has cow mark features

IMG_7167.JPG

This is Balé, a farmyard cat that came home with me when he was a kitten.
You wouldn't believe it to look at him but he's a grumpy article and thinks he's the boss as he was here before the dog and two children.
Recently had his top canines pulled as he's 13years old now and still looks a bit confused when he decides to bite you. He is definitely my cat as he doesn't sit on anyone else, though he has stopped sleeping on me and prefers to sleep at my feet, my wife thinks it's hilarious that I can still sleep in the postage stamp sized bit of bed I'm left with after she and the cat take up all the room.

7151D4F3-48AE-4509-AE3F-FDA22B5062B6.jpeg

This Peppa, my 1 and a half year old pug. Her favorite pastime is play fighting with my other dog and barking at random things. We feed her a diet of raw and cooked veggies with dry mixed in. She gets hour and a half walks twice a day. If you thought that was a lot, so did I, but it doesn't even dent her energy. She has a vendetta against packages and water hoses. She's terrified of cats, she'll bark at them and then run behind me. Shes my little snuffelsnork.

IMG_0042.jpg

This is my impossibly handsome man cat Lou. He is a 5 year old tabby rescue I got the day I moved into my apartment when I moved across country.

I always joke that he is the reincarnation of a lewd construction worker that was placed in a feminist household to learn a lesson, his favourite pastimes involve: watching me in the shower, laying down while he eats and drinks, chasing his sister Lydia and slowly commandeering my pillow while I sleep.

He plays fetch like a dog and has been described as "special" by most of my friends, some say it with a slight snark and others do mean it earnestly.

Hey TTF :)

This is our 9 month old bichon frise Charlie... Aka "Charlie bear" ,
20200914_181037.jpg

Charlie is full of life and is a proper cheeky chappy. Never a dull moment when his around and is a great little companion for our 7 year old bichon "Lola"

Charlie loves walks, playing with his soft toys and bringing us presents...this can be sticks from outside, socks from the washing baskets or my slippers ( luckily he doesnt chew them so they are still in one piece :hyper:)

All round happy chappy and we couldnt be without him :wub:

20200914_150620.jpg

Name: Ariel (named after the Disney Princess)
Habitat: During the day she's out and about in the common area, but at night she sleeps in my roommate's room.
Food: She eats some kind of Purina kitten food, usually wetted down and microwaved so it doesn't hurt her gums (sometimes she cries when she eats hard food)
She doesn't really have any "unusual" traits. She's a cute, spotted gray tabby that I co-parent with my roommate. She's pretty smart and has figured out how to open cabinet doors already, and that if she sounds pitiful people give her attention. She's either sleeping or playing regardless what time it is. She has claw covers because we don't want to pay for damaged furniture and also don't want to get her declawed, so they were the next best option. Her collar has a bell so we know where she is. She hasn't been trick trained, but uses the litter box AND covers her business afterwards.

20190124_014034.jpg

Peek-Boo!

I'm Bisquit. I'm an 11 years young Tabico.
(Yes, I made that breed up). I like string. My personal assistant picked me out of several other cats at the shelter. I made sure I was up in front of all the others so when she got home to look at the pictures my whiskers, paws, tail, ears, eyes, and unmentionables were in all the photos. I'm quite clever. As soon as she came to pick me up I immediately showed off my Bisquit making skills and that is how I got my name.

My full name is Bisquit Boots Kitty-Mew. I also go by Beeky-boo, Bisky, and Beekley. I don't mind this at all as I have many facets to my personality. I have a white belly and knee-high white boots. I have an orange flame in between my ears on the top of my head. It is my special spot and if you scratch it you'll get your wish...well maybe not...but I'll get mine!

You may have seen me pop up on some of your threads, I am sorry to say I'm having a hard time sharing my assistant with her water-box friends. I'm learning to be more gracious and now I have a spot to watch while she fiddles with them. Sometimes I just get her phone when she's not looking and spy on you all, I also like to photo-bomb your fish games.

My assistant, who you know as vanalisa, lives in a studio and had a custom kitty-runway built diagonally up the wall, then horizontally around the corner, then through a space up into the loft. It's way up high and I can look down and see the street way below outside the big window. The loft is where I go to hide and also where my chill-out room is. I see other cats on here, maybe we can hang out?

Here I am chilling in my kitty pod up in my loft room. I decorated it myself. It has a tornado light, throw pillows, a lava light (not in picture), and lots of feather toys. I also have a big tye-dye tapestry on the ceiling, you can see my paw prints if you look close as I helped to make it! Do you like catnip? I do. I like all sorts of music, but when I'm in my chill out room I especially enjoy bands like Pink Floyd (early stuff), Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Yes, Simon and Garfunkel, the Beatles, and classical Indian music by Ravi Shankar.

As you can see I'm all alone, won't you come cuddle with me?

Did I mention I really really really like string?

END OF ENTRIES
Please slowly scroll up as you review the 11 very pampered pets and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of the thread. Thanks for participating in our Pet of the Month contest.

Next up around October 1st will be our Tank of the Month contest. For October we will feature tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons. If you have a tank of that size, work on your tank and be ready to enter.

Last edited:
We have a winner. And the winner is NCaquatics.
You can congratulate NCaquatics in the "Winner" thread HERE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back