Verrrrry Serious Problem Here!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I've heard somewhere (very long time ago - when I was still gullable).... that these purplish colour lighting (Aqualux) makes your fish sterile.... If that is true, I think that might be a good idea...

i think that adding a predator is the only way. what about an arapaima if your ponds are huge. but they might eat you lol. and at 2m long they might be a tad too big. what about adding loads of dragonfly larvae, they should eat baby fish. although they might be eaten by the adult fish.

cheers :good:

i think that adding a predator is the only way. what about an arapaima if your ponds are huge. but they might eat you lol. and at 2m long they might be a tad too big. what about adding loads of dragonfly larvae, they should eat baby fish. although they might be eaten by the adult fish.

that would be good it would create natural selection, also you wouldn't have too many dragon flies.

that would be good it would create natural selection, also you wouldn't have too many dragon flies.

Geez!!... I do not to eliminate all of my stocks... merely control them....I have lots of dragonfly in there... Not really helping.

Why dont you sell them to a fish shop abroad? ship them out over night to arrive the next day. You'd make a fortune... That would solve your problem of too many, bag them - polystyrene boxes - aeroplane - Shop - sold.

Im sure there are plenty of fish shops in the uk that would want them.

True enough, fish are shipped around the world all the time, I would say try to ship some to other countries or areas if you can.

Just get some lizards, as illustrated below :)

Skinner: ahh, but as it turns out the lizards were a godsend since they've eaten all the (fish).
Lisa: Isn't that a little short sighted, what happens when where up to our ears with lizards?
Skinner: Ah, well we shall simply release wave after wave of Chinese needles snakes.
Lisa: then what about the snakes?
Skinner: We simply import gorillas who will eat all the snakes.
Lisa: Well what happens when where up to our ears in gorillas!
Skinner: Ah that's the beauty of the thing, come winter the gorillas will freeze to death.

Get some cats! They like to kill things just for fun, they're evil. My 2 cats drop about 10 dead fish a day on our porch and we definitely don't have as many fish in our pond as you. Haha no I know cats probably wouldn't keep it under control unless you had a whole army of them.
But seriously I think a whole bunch of predatory fish is the only practical way to get your numbers down. Either that or just keep feeding the same amount as you have been, don't increase it, and your population should reach capacity, then crash and fall to a more reasonable level. At least according to my ecology classes.

Honestly, thought it may be cruel, if the mass amount of fish are that big of a problem, then keep like 20 of the fish per pond that you want, and kill the rest of them. It will take them a while to reach the numbers that they are at now. If you don't want to go that way, ship them to the U.S. or UK, you wouldn't make any money if you sold a couple hundred, but if you sold like 11,00 guppies, you'd bring in a lot of money!

No!, Don't kill them that would just be cruel,You obviously knew that they would breed like crazy? Simply killing them all because you cant handle them would be like me killing my guinea pig because she squeaks to much (Which drives me up the wall). Ignore all the "Feeder Fish Users" & Don't play "God", Sell them.

Hello, already playing god by keeping them in the first place. There's nothing wrong with getting something to eat them, although at this point they would need a couple of somethings.

In the meantime, is there anyway you could start seperating the sexes? Perhaps start feeding the female livebears to the cons? I know you want to keep some stock but this would help cut down in the meantime, and you said that the cons are the easiest to stop by taking the eggs out. Just a temp thing till you can figure out something long term?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back