Verrrrry Serious Problem Here!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It takes me a good 40 mins to catch 5 bettas and 4 shrimp,possibly an hour............how on earth were you able to catch all those?? :blink:

yeah all we can say is buy some sort of predator. somethign fairly visious thjat wont breed.

Snake heads, or Large catfish, larger sharks (30cm+)

even then, i doubt they will eat 200+

just dont feed them. then when the weak start dying just remove them.

hold a fish auction if well advertised
you should get a few turning up
or advertise in a local paper
or fish magazine

AHH! or the obvious i didn't think of, reduce the temperature. It should stop them breeding if at the lower end of their range for a sustained period.

You'll be surprised Rye... we are slap bang in the middle of our winter here and the pond temps this morning was just under 8 deg C... with a max temp forecast for the day being 25.

My outside fish have "evolutionised" (Many, Many generations) and tolerates those low temps....(subject for another discussion)..

(Please note that I have stated - do not try this with your livebearers (or Convicts) - They will die instantly)...

If your fish can survive in temps down to 8oC im not sure why you dont get a big bag with some oxygen packs in and send a few thousand abroad to a pet shop. You would make some money and get rid of some fish . . .

Some 2 months ago, I put a blind Black moore in with the guppies and recently also a Panda Goldfish.... Allthough there are still thousands of guppies, it seems to be reasonably under control lately.... the increase in numbers has definitely slowed down and the ratio between adult fish and fry is also more in favour of the adults.

This is a mental thread lol, sorry top laugh but it is nuts!!

I think the zoo or local aquarium is thew way forward, and donate the fish as feeders. You could get a predator fish, but would they really consume that many guppies to make an impact? you would need a few of them eh.

What about a shop for fishing bait?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back