Vampire crab BREEDING!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Athocking

Reaction score
Hey guys! Wondering if there's any information you guys can give me about breeding vampire crabs?
There isn't much information online only categorizes it as difficult and tells you what the female does once pregnant.
Any information would be brilliant!!
Cheers Ath

Hey guys! Wondering if there's any information you guys can give me about breeding vampire crabs?
There isn't much information online only categorizes it as difficult and tells you what the female does once pregnant.
Cheers Ath
umm dont know much about invert breeding but if you give it a good home and meet all the requirements and make them happy they will make love...

Cheers Ath
@Colin_T should be able to help ;)
I have been looking at keeping, but not breeding them. I am curious.
And welcome to the forum!

They need some water, but mostly a very humid terrestrial environment with lots of hiding places.
oh... i have a 2.5 gallon moss thingy but just has a little tannin puddle lol

20220402_114553_HDR.jpg

I've have successfully breed in this tank setup. Lava stone and dragon stone on top cholo wood sponge filter and air stone. They have been eating ramshorn snails and spinach along with the food in picture. Bought wild caught b grade to try out lost about half pretty quick at least three different hatches in tank now. Offer alot of hiding spaces for babies.

The smallest batch is about 1/4 the size of a pea saw one a few days ago. Fyi with plants and snails I only do water changes once a month they were bought last october. First births should start breeding in a couple months give or take. They will eat young ones so small hiding spaces a must. The shrimp sand in there is two years old and only placed in tank for good bacteria. I'm currently building a terrarium to go on top of this tank with a path leading up into it from this tank hope to not make things change.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back