Urgent Help Yellow Watchman Goby And Tiger Pistol Shrimp Gone

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dodge250

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Yesterday I bought a yellow watchman goby and tiger pistol shrimp and they went into a corner and the shrimp got to work and then I saw the gobys head pop out and go back in so I thought everything is going great until today this morning I woke up went downstairs and nothing was there and I can hear loud clicking noises I have looked everywhere and i can't find them will they make a burrow at the front of the aquarium or will they starve and die please help anyone!!!!!! :grr: :no:

My mum looked after my tank for me when I went on Holiday, she panicked like mad because she did not see my YWG for 4-5 days. He was fine.

I would say they are happily building their burrow and I would not worry.

Don't expect them to build it where you can see it though.

Yep, agree with Tina, mine has hidden for months and then just pops out as if he had never been away :good: jsut feed your other fish normally and he and the shrimp will pick up the food that floats in to the rocks

Seffie x

:fish:

Got pistol pairs in both my tanks and rarely ever see either..hear them often enough though,lol....Watchman will be fine as said above as these guys will feed each other if needed...after a couple of weeks you will be more likely to see him guarding the entrance as the shrimp happily rebuilds your sand bed!!!

Would this happen the watchman goby is in the burrow they dug before on introduction and overnight the shrimp has dug a hole that goes from the burrow to the back of the tank and lost his buddy I'm just asking I am just wondering if it would happen :blink:

Its OK at the moment. The shrimp is building the burrow and the YWG is still keeping look out. They will not have lost each other. When the YWG feeds, he will take some of this to the shrimp.

All Normal.

Shrimp may build a network of tunnels all around the tank at start til feels settled..they really can dig,lol....will click after lights out and goby will soon find him again
mine can be at opposite ends of tank still but always rejoin by morning. After a few days , even a week or so, they will pick a main burrow and use it as homebase..til this time be prepared for lot of tunneling and a sand bed scale model of the somme,lol.....

I have the YWG without the shrimp. To be honest the Goby alone can burrow for England. I have piles of sand everywhere at the moment. He has dug quite a few burrows underneath the live rock so that he can peer out at me from them. As fast as I flatten the sand mounds, he digs them again.

Thanks :nod: you know the rating of you on the left hand side the small yellow tangs how do you get another yellow tang

It goes on post count Dodge.
The higher the post post count the more yellow tangs.

When you get to 1250 you can change what it says just above the tangs, see mine says Queen TI

This might sound strange but I think the goby is dead and to be honest I don't care I bought him so I could see them but nooooooo he had to go to the back of the tank where I can't see it arghhhhhhhh!!! I don't have patience with things like this :grr:

Dodge, do me a favour and edit your post (the swear word) this is a family forum and my grandaughter of nine reads all these posts - cheers :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

ps the world of marine is all about patience, so you better get some soon :p

Guess what he came OUT!!!! :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :fish: :fish: :fish: my retailer told me to use live brineshrimp and I saw the pistol shrimp come out and then you could see the watchman gobies face yeah sorry my last message was so violent I was in a bad mood because I couldn't sleep anyway I change the last post :blush: guess where they were....... in the burrow they were in the first place sig 1

Most reactions

trending

Back