Urgent Help Yellow Watchman Goby And Tiger Pistol Shrimp Gone

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Do you know anything about royal grammas and firefish because I just introduced a red firefish and the royal grammas chase him to his hole whenever he comes out if you do can you help me

Sorry I didn't see this yesterday or I would've calmed your fears!!

I have 2 yasha gobies and 1 redbanded pistol shrimp. Upon introduction the shrimp separated from the gobies. The gobies were hiding on the right and the shrimp excavating on the left side. After a week maybe one yasha met up w/the goby on the left side with the remaining yasha on the right side still. Then I think it was about a month after introducion they finally met up all together on the right side of the tank. In all the shrimp has moved burrows 4 times. Don't be alarmed if you don't see them for a little bit. They could still be scared to. Feeding was how I checked up on mine. The fish would come out to feed :good:

Is it normal for them to make a sand cliff and cover there burrow with the sand so nothing can go in or out :crazy: air they need air <--- joke

I added my common clowns 1st jewel wrasse 2nd 3rd banggai cardinal 4th flame angel 5th pj cardinal 6th yellow tang 7th royal grammas 8th tomato clowns 9th tiger pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby and 10th red firefish that's the order I put them in :good: tank size trigon 190 juwel 190 litres

So you have 11 fish in a 190 litre without a sump. You are pushing it there on stocking. Particularly the yellow tang which will outgrow the tank quite quickly.

Just for comparison I have a 39 gallon with 13 gallon sump, therefore extra surface area which is important for stocking density.

I have, added in this order
2 percs
1 YWG
1 Filamented Flasher
1 Bangaii Cardinal
1 Blenny
1 Royal Gramma
1 Mandarin

will be adding 1 more Mandarin (am upgrading to 6 ft) and 1 dwarf angel. Giving 10 fish in a larger volume of water and larger surface area. To be honest, the second mandarin I think is pushing my stocking but will be transferred to 6 ft before the year is out and probably sooner.

You also added your fish in the wrong order, the dwarf angel should have been last but 1 and the tang should be last the Royal Gramma should have gone in after the firefish and before the angel. You have a problem now.

I would try to catch the royal gramma and give it some time out, a QT tank is ideal for this as would be a sump. Then your firefish can settle before re-adding the royal gramma back to the tank.

Did your LFS not ask you what you already had in the tank before getting the firefish.

I would also consider dropping your fish list by 2 fish, or upgrading. You perhaps could fit more than 9 in, but you would need to monitor the levels in the tank over months to ensure that water quality is remaining good.

I actually have 12 fish and for some reason my common clownfish protect it because there are two gangs and the person from lfs comes round my house for seeing how everything is getting along with my tank so I won't worry but everything has calmed down so I think it was telling where he should and shouldn't go in the tank like a boss :good:

This is the stock 2x common clowns tank bred 2x tomato clownfish 2x royal gramma 1x jewel wrasse 1x yellow tang 1x flame angel 1x pj cardinal 1x banggai cardinal 1x flame firefish and 1x yellow watchman goby

I go to every lfs I can get two like maiden head aquatics gardenlands etc

Even though I am happy they are alive and all how do you make them dig a burrow where you can see them any ideas I had one which I don't think will work feed in a certain place they can't get too do you think that would work or would they make a burrow by themselves :rolleyes:

like was said you are heavily stocked. It could be just fine though. The only fish I'd consider worrying about would be the tang.

One of my lrc members has his nitrates up to 100ppm at times. Not saying its the best and he can't keep many corals, mainly only softies. What are your nitrate levels currently? My trate levels have been up to 40ppm and I still have my pistol shrimp. Hasn't croaked yet. However when I went to have my water tested yesterday by a lrc member he said they were close to 5ppm.

Like i said in your other post...don't mess w/your shrimp n goby. Let them be. Messing could kill them if they get really stressed out plus possibly being harrassed by the other fish.

like was said you are heavily stocked. It could be just fine though. The only fish I'd consider worrying about would be the tang.

One of my lrc members has his nitrates up to 100ppm at times. Not saying its the best and he can't keep many corals, mainly only softies. What are your nitrate levels currently? My trate levels have been up to 40ppm and I still have my pistol shrimp. Hasn't croaked yet. However when I went to have my water tested yesterday by a lrc member he said they were close to 5ppm.

Like i said in your other post...don't mess w/your shrimp n goby. Let them be. Messing could kill them if they get really stressed out plus possibly being harrassed by the other fish.
Not being harrased and nitrate levels are 5-10 ppm will the goby and shrimp dig a burrow where I can see them or not tang is 3 inches so not that big and not stressed so he will be fine

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back