Unknown Cory In Tank(Possible Peppered Cory)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BaylorPerez

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i was clearing out some debris in mt 20Gal tank, then i came around this little guy. I dont know how old he/she is but it sure isnt a Albino cory. Maybe one of these got into my tank while i wasnt looking when i got my cories, as when i got my cories i wasnt paying attention to any other fish within the tank. So, i just need to know the type of cory it is. I know its a cory as it seems to just hang out around my other corys without any aggression or any issues as i see my 2 cories kinda "feed" the baby cory. I find it cute, but i do want to know the Species(or atleast a generic name for this spotted fellow)(Also if you want some more pictures of this little guy, let me know, as my new light for the 20Gal should come in tommorrow)

Attachments

• IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 139
Could be a Julii or one of the lookalikes. Not a peppered cory. Corydora Julii or Corydora Trilineatus are the likely candidates

is it a juvenile? based on the size it might be one 

It definitely resembles what my LFS labels as "Juliis," so I agree with Munroco that it is a julii or julii lookalike.

Trilineatus is the most likely species. True juliis are fairly rare in the hobby.

BaylorPerez said:
is it a juvenile tho?
Im not sure its possible to tell by your picture, but its irrelevant to any situation you may have. And can you elaborate on how it got in your tank if you didnt buy it?

it may of come in the tank when i was paying attention to how many old cories i was buying( 3-4 months ago) i am assuming it was a fry when it was put into the bag, and with me not really paying attention, it was put into the tank and grew enough to where i can see it on the sand bed.

So after asking my LFS it is a juli Cory. He also said that the max size is about 55Cms. Is this big enough for a 75Gal with bigger tank mates

C. Trilineatus breed as well

It all depends on what you are planning to put in the 75. And if it was in a large group they would be better of than only like 6 in a 75. What is your stock list so far, and what do you plan on getting

i still dont know excatly, as i am going to get 4 more albino corys, then i will be sure to get 5 more Juli Corys. Then i dont know what other fish, i kinda want to get some angel fish(not the predatory ones)

BaylorPerez said:
i kinda want to get some angel fish(not the predatory ones)
There are three species of angel; Pterophyllum scalare, the common angel, P. altum, the altum angel, and P. leopoldi, the teardrop or dwarf angel. The last two are rarely seen in shops, and can be quite expensive.

All are predatory.

BaylorPerez said:
i still dont know excatly, as i am going to get 4 more albino corys, then i will be sure to get 5 more Juli Corys. Then i dont know what other fish, i kinda want to get some angel fish(not the predatory ones)

Be careful with the 'some'...

You need either a single angel... or a group of them.  When they pair off, you may need to rehome the rest.  

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back