Uk Law On Tattoos

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

what kind of tattoo is it? a professional looking one or an inky dink? I know it makes no odds either way to you now like?

Its lots of stars, from the top of his arm, up his shoulder and just around the back, so its pretty big, of course he has had it hidden under his shirts until today when he was wearing a t-shirt that was slightly too small to cover it and I noticed something underneath, as you say, it wouldnt matter if it was a tiny dot to me, but its pretty big.

I remb getting my first 1 when I was 16, parents found out after 3 months, fuming as hell but mum said atleast it's tasteful'. She up'd my house keeping by £100 for 6 months, as a punishment, that was one costly tatt lol

my mums never seen mine I;m 34 AND GOT IT WHEN I WAS 27

been thinking about this and if your hell bent on getting even take her to small claims court sueing for the cost of tattoo removal

Strange place to ask, but maybe there are some law/policemen/women or tattooists frequenting the forum that might be able to help.

My 15yr old son has Ive just found out had a tattoo on his arm/shoulder area, this wasnt done by a professional place but by his 23rd old step-sister! Iam, beyond livid. I know the age is 18 in the uk and a shop/parlour I would be able to report, but how would I go about reporting his sister? He knows my feelings on having a tattoo and so does she, so they have both gone against my wishes.

Im now also looking into how much for laser removal of the tattoo.

surly its you control over your child, at fault here. it strikes me, your just looking for someone else to blame. I'm sorry, and mean no offence, but thats how it reads.

Unfortunately and trust me I wish I could, I cant watch him 24/7, my belief I was letting him go to see his 'sister' was an ok thing to do, it wasnt like I was letting him run riot thru the streets drinking or taking drugs and being a general nuisance like so many kids I see around these days. So aside from chaining him up and never lettting him leave the house without parental supervision, Im not sure what else I was meant to do to stop this from happening. I hope your children are little angels and never do anything against your wishes.

Strange place to ask, but maybe there are some law/policemen/women or tattooists frequenting the forum that might be able to help.

My 15yr old son has Ive just found out had a tattoo on his arm/shoulder area, this wasnt done by a professional place but by his 23rd old step-sister! Iam, beyond livid. I know the age is 18 in the uk and a shop/parlour I would be able to report, but how would I go about reporting his sister? He knows my feelings on having a tattoo and so does she, so they have both gone against my wishes.

Im now also looking into how much for laser removal of the tattoo.

surly its you control over your child, at fault here. it strikes me, your just looking for someone else to blame. I'm sorry, and mean no offence, but thats how it reads.

That's unfair, parents can't watch their children 24/7! If a teenager is going to do something, then they will do it, no matter the rules put into place. The halfsister involved abused the OPs trust by doing the tattoo, she is the adult and knew full well of the OP's thoughts on the subject, according to the OP.

I am a parent and fully understand your anger with both of them. I think you could probably have her charged with something but do you really want to? You will alienate both of them and the deed is done now. I am definitely on your side but you have to think of how they will react. I think realistically your only real option is to ground him and stop his pocket money for a while. And definitely don't allow him to go to her house again, she has abused your trust and is old enough to know better. Families eh?

Unfortunately and trust me I wish I could, I cant watch him 24/7, my belief I was letting him go to see his 'sister' was an ok thing to do, it wasnt like I was letting him run riot thru the streets drinking or taking drugs and being a general nuisance like so many kids I see around these days. So aside from chaining him up and never lettting him leave the house without parental supervision, Im not sure what else I was meant to do to stop this from happening. I hope your children are little angels and never do anything against your wishes.
lol i really hope thats sarcastic, ive been called angel but never by my parents, and ive stayed with friends for up to a month at times :/ obviously not recently though

I am a parent and fully understand your anger with both of them. I think you could probably have her charged with something but do you really want to? You will alienate both of them and the deed is done now. I am definitely on your side but you have to think of how they will react. I think realistically your only real option is to ground him and stop his pocket money for a while. And definitely don't allow him to go to her house again, she has abused your trust and is old enough to know better. Families eh?
what?! you give them pocket money? i have to bust my @$$ for 2$ and kids get it for free?! :crazy:

lol i really hope thats sarcastic, ive been called angel but never by my parents, and ive stayed with friends for up to a month at times :/ obviously not recently though

what?! you give them pocket money? i have to bust my @$$ for 2$ and kids get it for free?! :crazy:

Sorry about the last reply! I was going to say that I don't know if he gets pocket money or not but I can't think how else they could punish him. I think most British kids get some pocket money, mine used to.

Erm, I'd be careful getting ABH charges against the lady. It was your sons choice as well, he is as much to blame and an ABH charge will affect the persons life for a long while to come, wont be able to work in most parts of the Public sector as well as a lot of the Private Sector, where as your son will have nothing against him.

yeah i kinda aggree, no point in screwing up her life, make her pay for the cost of the tat removal and ground your son, and never leave him with her again, that imo would be best

I stand by my original comments. and i have kids from 30-9 years. no they are not Angels, but neither are they Devils. whilst it's true, you cant watch them 24/7, you have real problems if they need that sort of supervision. final point, you can not make him go through a tattoo removal, that would be his choice, not yours! No doctor in the UK, would perform this, without his consent. even under 18!

as for "criminalising you "STEP Daughter"? it speaks to my original comments.

Most reactions

Back