Two (More) New Moderators!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mamashack said:
Whereabouts in East Yorkshire Wills? (roughly)

The posh part of East Yorkshire  - Hull :) lols -

but one of the nice parts

Wills

There's good and bad parts to most places Wills!
RCA is from your neck of the woods too!
Anyways good luck with the moderating, guys - hopefully you'll help keep things running smoothly.

Wills said:
The posh part of East Yorkshire  - Hull
smile.png

but one of the nice parts

Hull has nice parts? 
whistling.gif

wahey.gif

I can't say much though, coming from Barnsley. There's a few decent villages and that's about it, I don't come from one of them either!

Congrats guys! Oh...and don't worry about capes. You need fins to do swimmingly. :) Hmmm....yup...TallTree is one to watch out for! lol jk

I can't say much though, coming from Barnsley. There's a few decent villages and that's about it, I don't come from one of them either!
I do! lol
You are right Josh - Barnsley has a bit of a reputation, but there are some lovely villages around here and it is so close to the open countryside, it's almost rural! lol

Must be something about Yorkshire, I love North Yorkshire and half my family is from 'oop north', family history goes back a long way in Yorkshire, even got to sign "The Book of Pickerings" at Pickering Castle lol.

Never lived in Yorkshire but spent a looooot of time in Middlesborough and Helmsley areas and then Hawes, Ayesgarth, Ingleton etc. Still have a really bad habit of picking up the accent if I spend more than a few minutes talking to someone. Especially my Gran lol, especially the exclamation 'Eee' when surprised.

That's going to be my problem at uni, nobody will understand me!

Unless I change my accent :p

Im awful, I don't have an accent, or at least, the one I have is so confused that I don't fit anywhere, mainly because without trying I start picking up accents, Yorkshire accents and Scottish (no idea why!) are the worst. Listen to Stuart MacBride audiobooks occasionally and the number of times I have got out my car after listening to audiobook and said something only for the other person to look at me wondering what the heck I just said and why I am suddenly Scottish.

Tbh I normally just get told I have a 'posh' accent but I just point out its not surprising when I am compared to people living in my area ;)

especially the exclamation 'Eee' when surprised.
Nay lass! Tha can't beat a bit o' broad Yorkshire! lol
You must be a natural mimic, MBOU, maybe you were scottish/yorkshire in a previous existence! lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back