Torn Between

Monster Fish or Small fish???

  • Monster tank ( Big fish )

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small fish (Tetras, apisto, etc.)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

Loony Fish

Fishaholic
Joined
May 12, 2008
Messages
698
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Mars.
Hi,
I have 5 discus with some other stuff in a 40 gallon. I need to move the discus to the 180 gal. I'm getting. I've wanted a monster tank since I was 6 (I'm only 13) but I don't know if i would feel ok getting those big guys with discus.

Any ideas for monsters I could safely keep with discus?

Thanks!
 
Discus are not small. Not many monster fish can be kept with the Discs. If you just have a large fish just rehome the discus and set for a big fish. You cant always have it all.

What kind of large fish do you want.
 
Most 'monster fish' will out compete discus for food, and probably give them a hard time.

As previously asked. What monster fish are you considering ?

James
 
plus as I am finding out, monster fish eat a lot and produce a lot of waste which doesn't lend itself well to excellent water quality which is a must as you;ll know with the discus.

I'm in a simlar quandry as I'm wondering whether to use my biggest tank for the discus and just have a lovely large planted set up with big discus and loads of cardinals

decisions decisions thats he problem with this addictive hobby!!! :good:
 
plus as I am finding out, monster fish eat a lot and produce a lot of waste which doesn't lend itself well to excellent water quality which is a must as you;ll know with the discus.
I think this is probably the biggest issue. Discus require pristeen water and keeping monster fish/big waste producers with them is only going to create problems with keeping the water parameters where they need to be.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top