Today I Went To My Favourite Lfs And...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

The Corydora is indeed a C121 :good:

And Flute, you have a brilliant avatar! :good: :good:

Had an extravagant two days...
  • Brought home five new ABF to keep "Mr Butterfly" company, all doing well, great to see tham actively swim towards food (Mr Butterfly used to be a nightmare, had to spot feed while trying not to spook him).
  • Brought home another six Barilius hukaungensis to make a group of twelve, seems to have helped their skittishness, but seeing the group schooling is amazing (even in their effective QT 620T)!
  • Came home today from work with a ~10cm SL Ctenopoma acutirostre, who looks so much happier than in the bare LFS tank, wandering around the bodwood and plants rather than staring at the LFS tank filter pipe... Being followed around by my ~6cm trio of Bushfish youngsters!:D

Man, it seems like an eternity since I last went to my favourite LFS :byebye:
I'll make sure I spend the money I would of spent over the last few weeks in my next visit ^_^

James.

I went to the Green Machine yesterday in the hopes of picking up a Bristlenose plec, but they had none in stock. So I came home with 7 harlequin rasbora. Had never really liked them before I saw them in the shop, but these are gorgeous. Their colours are so vibrant ^^ The guy did say they were different to normal harlequins but I didn't quite catch the name. Fair do's to the guy, because he knows I'm a student and I come in often to drool, he gave me a discount; each fish for £2 instead of £2.40, and gave me a seventh for free :)

And Carlovel1, cheers :good: I couldn't resist doing it XD

i went to 4 lfs' today, and didnt find anythign i wanted till i got to the last one. i recently lost a cory, a ram, and a striped raphael while treating for whitespot. so aswell as wanting to replace those fish, i was also after a couple of others anyway.

so today i got another ram and a hopolo cat to replace the raphael. i could have got another raphael, but im well aware of the size they get so i left it this time. ive been told the hopolos stay smaller aswell. i almost brought a reedfish, never seen them before and 'odd' fish dont really float my boat, but they looked amazing. until he told me they get to 3 foot long.

i went to 4 lfs' today, and didnt find anythign i wanted till i got to the last one. i recently lost a cory, a ram, and a striped raphael while treating for whitespot. so aswell as wanting to replace those fish, i was also after a couple of others anyway.

so today i got another ram and a hopolo cat to replace the raphael. i could have got another raphael, but im well aware of the size they get so i left it this time. ive been told the hopolos stay smaller aswell. i almost brought a reedfish, never seen them before and 'odd' fish dont really float my boat, but they looked amazing. until he told me they get to 3 foot long.
You should always research before you buy. What if the man at the store had told you Reedfish get to 15cm max. You would have bought it and ended up with a huge fish. :no: It is very common for people who work at fish stores to lie as well.
Carl

i know, but i dont always go down the shop knowing what i want. i knew i wanted to replace the ram, the cory and the raphael, aswell as adding 2 more cories and possibly something like a bulldog plec that stays small. fortunately i sort of know the guy i was speaking to, and i also try and avoid getting helped by certain people in that shop :lol:

some of the best fish i have are ones i never intended buying.

I went to living waters today and bought a nice piece of bogwood and some live daphnia, then went to pets@home and got a keyhole cichllid.

Went to the LFS today and bought some Mopani, a few plants, and a gravel cleaner.

Going back next week to order a Snakeskin Gourami.

Ben.

I wanted to go to my LFS today but couldn't because of the snow.

Keith.

Great to hear your getting a Snakeskin Gourami! :hyper: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

I'm worried it will grow a bit big for my 240 litre and start attacking my other fish, but I'm gambling on reports of their peaceful nature :good:

In other news - LFS, #40## YOUUUUUUUUUU!!

Why is it, every single time I've bought real plants, I've got a load of hitch-hikers along for the ride?!

Snails in my new tank = sad face :(

Ben.

I went to my LFS and did not get anything but felt very sorry for the fish. They just looked sad.

Great to hear your getting a Snakeskin Gourami! :hyper: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

I'm worried it will grow a bit big for my 240 litre and start attacking my other fish, but I'm gambling on reports of their peaceful nature :good:

In other news - LFS, #40## YOUUUUUUUUUU!!

Why is it, every single time I've bought real plants, I've got a load of hitch-hikers along for the ride?!

Snails in my new tank = sad face :(

Ben.
Snakeskin Gouramis do get quite big but they are fine in a 240L tank. I had mine for 4 years and before he/she died, it was 15cm. They do not always grow to 20cm. And she/he was very peaceful :wub:

Snails in new tank+1 Assassin Snail= No Snails :D
Carl

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back