The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

N0body Of The Goat

Oddball and African riverine fish keeper
Reaction score
Brought home two Opsarius pulchellus!
w00t.gif

A fine mesh breeding cage for the Pearl Danio fry.
An 8" fine mesh net strictly for the Rio 240 (original net now for QT).
Some airline, two valves and a sucker to use to drip acclimitise all new fish.

So, what did you do?
blush.gif

Today I went to one of my LFS and... Did a 9 hour shift. :ninja:

James.

Today I went to my LFS and also worked 9 1/2 hour shift...but had a really good laugh =]

today i went to a not so local fish seller and was very impressed and i mean impressed

went for some medication and food and came out with a severum :) beautiful fish though so im happy :good:

Today I didn't go to my local LFS and instead spent the afternoon silicone sealing our shower cubicle, worst thing is that I ran out of the sealant when doing the last vertical line :(

Today I went and found some beautiful adult longfin albino bristlenose - £7 each .... needless to say they came home with me lol! Also bought some tiny baby longfin albinos from Wildwoods for £5.95 each to grow on and include in the colony. New blood and all :p

Saw my boyfriend! While cleaning my fish tank out his brother was annoying me so i splashed him and we sort of had a water fight by flicking water at each other.

Alessa x.

Today I went to my LFS and got a new syphon and some pipe :)

....wish I worked at a fish shop :(

....wish I worked at a fish shop :(

I think you'll find it hard if you were told not to tell the customer the truth (Cycle taking more than a week, fish out grow tanks etc). I've found most LFS around me really don't tell their customers about the entire cycle or whatever. However I hear Maidenhead Aquatics is great (Although a good 50 minute drive from me + Tunnel fees I'm yet to go).

Today (Yesterday) I went to a LFS and had an argument with the woman working there about my fish-less cycle as for some reason she thought I had fish in my tank when I was forcing Ammonia concentrations up to 5ppm. She also claimed I didn't know how to follow instructions on Tetra Safe Start when I said it has a very low success ratio. I clasped my girlfriends hand and walked out mumbling about that old hag being wrong! I'm sure my girlfriend got more of an earful than she expected from me ranting and raving. haha.

I've found Maidenhead Aquatics to be pretty rubbish :lol: although one day I did meet a very attractive Frenchman who talked me through CO2 and ferts for my planted tank :hey:

Today I didn't go to an LFS but last time I did I bought a £2.50 box filter and some mealworms.

Considering begging for my old job back (in an LFS) but I think I've said too many nasty things about them online :X

A quick flashless photo of the new guys starting to settle in... I'm really made up to get these guys home into my Rio240 and out of the display tank they shared for 6+ months with ~6 climbing and 3 "headstander" variants. Despite having at least double the surface area to roam, they seem to keep patroling quite a small patch of unplanted tank...

No visit to lfs...

I did have my 3 digital thermometers delivered yesterday good price has well :good:

And i did do my daily w/c on pygmy fry tank at 6.30am and they're growing well :wub:

Then went to work....

Nothing exciting really :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back