Today I Went To My Favourite Lfs And...

A quick flashless photo of the new guys starting to settle in... I'm really made up to get these guys home into my Rio240 and out of the display tank they shared for 6+ months with ~6 climbing and 3 "headstander" variants. Despite having at least double the surface area to roam, they seem to keep patroling quite a small patch of unplanted tank...

nice fish :good:

What snails are those? If they're what I think they are (can't remember name) what are they like to look after?

That's two of the Yellow Antennae Rabbit Snails, they are feeding on a mixture of tank algae; uneaten fish food; crustacean pellets; algae wafers. Only had them 9 days, but its the Chocolate Orange Spotted that are much more active and have produced two babies (I think) this last week!
w00t.gif

Thats awesome, If i was ever going to put snails in I think i'd go for those guys :D

i didn't go to an LFS today, but yesterday i went to a pet shop and got an air stone for a home made sponge filter. first ever attempt at making one and it didnt turn out so bad :)

had to vac the tank today, shrimp poop lots!!!

I ended up at a fish shop, no idea why. Went with the gf and they had a Malabar Puffer. Its was so small! Couldnt buy it tho as my tank is overstocked already...

Today I went to the LFS and purchased two mono argentus and a mono sabae I had ordered for me. Tomorrow I'll be going to my LFS to purchase the two Figure 8 puffers I've had on hold since last week.

Today i walked past my lfs and did not go in :unsure: Then i got home and put all my fish up for sale :sad:

But for good reasons...

Since i've had a fish tank i have never walked by a lfs without walking in, it used to be never come out the lfs without a fish in a bag in my hand lol but i have definitely controlled that :p

Its quite upsetting to give in fish keeping :sad:
You didn't get rid of your Congo did you?? mines still got character :fun:

[/quote]

Its quite upsetting to give in fish keeping :sad: Never giving up...lol just selling up..then once ive gone and settled in colombia i shall restock with avengene :shout:
You didn't get rid of your Congo did you?? mines still got character :fun:

not so much got rid...um..check this thread..exsplains
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/330754-strange-thing-happened-to-me/
[/quote]

:lol: you didnt know how hard it was just to walk by...but as iam selling all my stock it would be pointless me wasting money,no matter how much id like too :lol:

Hehe lol :lol:
You got your congo on for sale mine definitely still needs a partner, even if you have i bet u'll still be way to far foe me to pickup :p

PS woops sorry will read that thread i take way too long to type lol.

Sorryman about your loss do you still know how the bloackhead coud have managed to get out i mean mine has never jumped out of water, even for a split second. Sure it wasn't your dwarfs who might have nipped and scared the blockhead?? that is a big loss they have right character and very hard to find...definitely gonna keep an eye on mine just incase he flips out in air but hood is definitely tight. If you get back to fish keeping then you should definitely get another, have you got any more tropical setups?

no lfs but went to craiglist and found 2808 gallon reef ready w/ other stuff :D only for 800$

and foun 150 w/ metal halide for my freshwater tank!!! 700$

not bad considering there a good few stuff included plus stands lol

i told my dad as he isnt too keen on going to a stranger to buy a tank (never heard of a murderous fish keeper lol) he isnt too keen since that guy killed those prostitutes and someone else got killed as well.

yes here i have four tropical tanks and one sub tropical....

however where iam going,i have already been ordered to make a nice pond for some local tropical fish for my inlaw's...then after a few weeks, were going to get a nice tank to set up in the game room on my wifes farm in the hills of colombia :hyper: this is mixing with learning a new language and juggling with my new job and learning my surrounds...so it will take a bit of time...but all will come good in the end...

to you question, no i never saw the dwarfs do anything to blockie what so ever,its one of those unexsplained mysterys,all i can think is when i was feeding maybe he jumped when i took of the lid? in a split second thing you know when you concentrating on something, but i never noticed owt...it was a real shame.

Well glad to hear u r still in the game :good:

PS woops lol was a bit impatient when loading and clicked it another 2 more times, sorry.

Most reactions

Back