Today I Went To My Favourite Lfs And...

Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
Today I saw some STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING Lake Tanganyika Killifish (Lamprichthys tanganicanus). Never seen them, they were massive, looked more like Rainbowfish tbh. They were a brilliant blue colour with yellow streaks :hyper:

necava01

Reaction score
and found a couple good peices of bogwood, bought some more dechlorinator. then had them order some panda cories and an oscar for my mother! :hyper:

Jonty

Reaction score
... bought some landscape rock, a light and some gravel for a new DP tank.

Also noticed they were looking for someone to work sat + sun :hyper: :hey:

james_fish

Chuck, Leader Of Ze People.
Reaction score
Bought a nice sized piece of bogwood for £6, absolute steal! Don't know wether the tags got mixed up or not, I ran away once purchased :shifty:

James.

Timmy_Bee

Reaction score
was forced to the LFS after i lost my two juvi green sevs :(

Now have a pair of golds, but i was really looking forward to seeing the greens develop...

ZoddyZod

Constantly learning
Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Saw some 'red tiger' scats, and added them to a long list of fish that look fantastic but I'll probably never keep.....

OP
N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat

Oddball and African riverine fish keeper
Reaction score
and came back with 1l Easycarbo, 500ml Profito and a pack of Dennerle V15 root tabs i.e I was very restrained and did not buy any fish!

Saw some gorgeous puffers labelled as "Topaz" (Tetraodon fluviatilis); a group of Flagtail (Prochilodus?); a group of Zebra Otos (looking nothing like their potential in a bare tank); a lovely group of P. buffei that I keep wondering if I should consider to act as reassuring "dithers" for my squittish Barilius (hukaungensis?) youngsters.

OP
N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat

Oddball and African riverine fish keeper
Reaction score
and came back with a group (12) of Corydoras sterbai youngsters for my 620T (which i may well have to upgrade to the Rio240 in the future, but I did not have the heart to split the tank group who were all very activel and healthy looking) plus a lovely 15+cm SL Synodontis decorus for my 5-footer.

The S. decorus has had a massive transformation in the space of just two hours, which had spent close to a year in a small shop tank with no water current and rather warm temp (26C) for these Zaire River catfish. It basically just rested on the bare tank floor next to a small piece of bogwood looking pretty... Now it seems to be having a great time exploring its new surroundings thoroughly, often actively seeking the current of either of the external filters on the tank, while looking terrific!

[video]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5UTvnSL5d7s[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1EEZ5I7kic[/video]

Ethan040

Reaction score
Bought some Hikari Cichlid Excel for my new young tropheops red cheeks and Pseudotropheus Saulosi Coral Red.

Also spent around a hour going over there entire stock of fish lol (wharf aquatics notts)