Today I Went To My Favourite Lfs And...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

today i went to my lfs an got a new little tank with 2 male guppies and four female to breed for a while

and for my mine tank i ended up with two triple red apistogrammas and a white an black spot platy to accompany my other

3 bandit corys
:sad: Why did you only buy 3? They are shoaling fish and should be in groups of 6 or more with the same species :unsure: Or do you already have more corys?

Don't worry I already have 7 :) I went to buy more masked corys but they only had 2 enormous ones so got the 3 bandits instead. I have a mixed group of corys but they all shoal together happily, there even seems to be a couple of mixed race relationships forming! :)

I went to the Green Machine in Wrexham, hoping to find the bristle nose plecs that the owner promised to order in for me, but they were closed :( Mighty disappointed. Will have to wait until half term or Easter now D:

I went to the Green Machine in Wrexham, hoping to find the bristle nose plecs that the owner promised to order in for me, but they were closed :( Mighty disappointed. Will have to wait until half term or Easter now D:

Ouch, I planned to go there during this week but I went to my LFS and found they had some nice nano tropica plants.

So...

The other day I went to my LFS and bought 6 flame tetra and a male betta sp for my tanks.

Two new Bolivian Rams and a very nice piece of wood. I've been looking for a nice bit of wood with natural 'caves' in it since I started fishkeeping 18 months ago, finally ound one!

is it sad to be excited about a 1.5kg piece of dead tree?

Two new Bolivian Rams and a very nice piece of wood. I've been looking for a nice bit of wood with natural 'caves' in it since I started fishkeeping 18 months ago, finally ound one!

is it sad to be excited about a 1.5kg piece of dead tree?

To the likes of us - not at all. To our non-fish keeping friends - very.

I went to 4 fish shops yesterday (and still got home in time for United v Liverpool) in search of some new foreground plants. MA had a load of healthy looking new pots of crypts and hairgrass in so thought I'd try my luck with these again.

And bought nothing because im skint :X

I do like to go and see the new arrivals every so often though :hey:

James.

And bought nothing because im skint :X

I do like to go and see the new arrivals every so often though :hey:

James.

You and me both, I just feel like a prick though. I end up buying something small like an airstone or frozen fish food, seriousy. He must think I have a mountain of food junk in my house.

You and me both, I just feel like a prick though. I end up buying something small like an airstone or frozen fish food, seriousy. He must think I have a mountain of food junk in my house.

hahaha, I always feel a touch of guilt if I spend 30mins browsing a fish shop and dont buy anything. Stupid really, but I dont like the idea of the staff thinking I'm one of the weekend 'Free Zoo' mob!

today i went to my lfs and found some zebra acara (nannacara adoketa) and want to get them for my empty tank.. but no idea what i should get for tankmates!

i love being "the browser" and then walking out without anything :p coz u always get a look from the owner lol
lol tell me about it! I am very much a browser and I hate being one :shout: Its a very awkward moment when I leave the store empty-handed :unsure: :shifty: :X :( This is the sort of look I get from the store owner/worker -> :grr: <-
I am not satisfied until the car boot is filled to the brim with tons of fishy stuff! :hey: :D :p

Another late entry by me... 7 Brochis multiradiatus and a Chaetostoma L444 (often missold as thomsoni), bought last week.

Most reactions

Back