to get a fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishyjessie

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
recently, my fav. platy Rupert died. the tank is still happy at the moment (palmer tank) i am thinking of adding a guppy maybe, i would love a molly, but i dont thik that would be good in this tank. another thing i was thinking is one or two more neons. anyone have any ideas? :p :D :fun:

I would think that a few more neons would be best, since they feel more secure when they are in groups.

I advise against a molly too. Usually, they need a buddy of the opposite sex to keep them happy and not harass the other fish.

well, what size is the palmer tank? i see no problem with a single molly,theyre not schooling fish. if you were nearby, i'd give you one of mine (i have a male that is constantly being bullied by the other, regardless that i have three females, so he'll be getting a new home soon............)
its hard for us to give you suggestions if we don't know what more you can safely fit in there........ :)

the palmer tank is only 15 gallons. the fish are really happy, i dont know if i even want to risk adding some more. but i know i will end up caving and getting something. would the longfined rosy and a molly fight? i dont know what sex the rosy is, or any of the fish in the tank for that matter.....

I dont think fights will occur unless there is a lack of space (15 should be good)
I dont know how big your fish are though

What is a palmer tank?

they are all pretty large fish for their breeds. the danios and neon about one inch, rosy and platy about 2. the ottos are small. the palmer tank is just the name of the tank, you can see spec. in my sig. :fish:

well, you have a couple of inches left, and if you have good filtration and take good care of the tank, you could have a couple more :D . i'd go with a couple more neons. though the molly and rosey shouldnt be a problem. you might even go with another of that instead. or you could get another platy or two, they come in a many varieties.

My husband solved the problem for me, we are going to get a platy this weekend, the same colorings as Rupert. Thanks for all your advice guys:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back