Tina's Nano Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Garlic can be fed once awhile. It's to boost immunity/stimulate the feeding response. The constant feeding of that overtime is bad for them.

Nice coral :fun:

Thanks KJ, I moved it today, I realised it would grow too big for the spot very quickly, had to get some epoxy to stop it falling over, could not get it wedged properly and everytime the polyps expanded it would become too heavy and drop causing the polyps to retract again. Used the TMC coraline coloured epoxy, was very easy to use, got the hang very quickly. It is happy again now.

The food is a specific mix that gamma make for nano tanks that has a mix of food but has added garlic aswell. I have bought 5 different other packs and today I picked up a Tetra marine XS granule (not got the others, will try them too once I get hold of some) . Once defrosted food was rinsed, I mixed a little granule in with it, added a little tank water and then pippetted it into the tank a little at a time. Has worked wonders, they went straight for the granule food and almost ignored the rotifers till the granule had gone.

Me thinks they have been fed on granule food alot before, being tank bred.

Have added garlic before as you say KJ to freshwater fish food if any appetites needed stimulating, did not realise though it can be a problem if used long term. Will not feed the mix too often, they have alot of other choices aswell now. Like to have a few different granules aswell, always have done with freshwater to vary the diet.

Mine were 5 for £10 Truck, I already had the brine shrimp with spirulina as I use that for freshwater aswell. Would not have room in freezer at the moment for any more though, I only have a fridgefreezer in my kitchen, my big freezer is currently at my moms, will go in the shed once andrew has connected the electric out there then got it checked by next door neighbour (has electric certs). Will be able to buy in bulk then.

Going to a couple LFS tommorrow with mum, andrew in midlands for weekend sitting wardrobes for his mom and dad so I have his credit card :band: :hooray: :rofl: :rofl: :hey: :hey: :yahoo:

It could get a little hammering if you know what I mean. Will not buy fish though, waiting a few more weeks for the YWG.

you know how they make mini fridges? well why not a mini freezer for us fish keepers :D

how awesome would that be? i bought:
blood worm
brine shrimp with spirulina
krill
marine quartet (the garlicy stuff i think)
mysis shrimp
red plankton
finely chopped mussel
finely chopped prawn
rotifiers
cyclopeez

all flat packs :good:

you know how they make mini fridges? well why not a mini freezer for us fish keepers :D

blood worm
krill
mysis shrimp
red plankton
finely chopped mussel
finely chopped prawn
rotifiers
cyclopeez

They do make mini freezers although i couldn't tell you how "mini" they get since mine was about 30"wide by 36"tall made by subzero :good: . I had it for rats when i used to own lots of snakes

blood worm
krill
mysis shrimp
red plankton
finely chopped mussel
finely chopped prawn
rotifiers
cyclopeez

They do make mini freezers although i couldn't tell you how "mini" they get since mine was about 30"wide by 36"tall made by subzero :good: . I had it for rats when i used to own lots of snakes
for all those pinkies eh? oh good times :wub: lol

im going to see if anybody makes a mini freezer and find one :good:

not quite pinkies, but jumbo rats lol. After a quick search on google shopping uk i found a couple of items. 1 for 145(euros) I can only see buying a seperate freezer worth it if you keep finding deals like you did, in which case i would stock up!

No point for me, once shed has electric there will be 2 frezers in there (his mom and dad are giving us one as well) plus the fridge freezer so I will have bags of space. Will also use a tupperware tub to store them in then, andrew moans about the open packets sitting on top of the ice cream tub, only fglat place they will fit.

No point for me, once shed has electric there will be 2 frezers in there (his mom and dad are giving us one as well) plus the fridge freezer so I will have bags of space. Will also use a tupperware tub to store them in then, andrew moans about the open packets sitting on top of the ice cream tub, only fglat place they will fit.
:rofl: my mum bleached the hole freezer after i put some blood worms in it :rofl: then told me to put them in the garage freezer

It is the blood worms he has most exception to, hates them with a passion. Keep telling him there is nothing to worry about, unless the freezer defrosts that is, they are in a sealed packet for goodness sake :no: :rolleyes: :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back