Tina's Nano Journal

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

TMC Tank Bred Percula / Wild Percula

The one I have is the same as percula on above web page, is how it was labelled in shop and I checked on TMC, they get their stock from TMC. If it should have been labelled false percula, fair enough, really don't mind, they are the best coloured clowns I have seen in this area :good:
thanks for the link, theyre stunners. you will enjoy seeing them develop together, its a really nice thing to see.

If it should have been labelled false percula, fair enough, really don't mind, they are the best coloured clowns I have seen in this area :good:
they sure do :)

its probably our differences in location that i thought them to be false clowns. the true percs i see around here all have really thick black margins on their mid bands, apart from that, they most likely would be labeled as a false clown.

To be honest I am still not 100% sure straydum, I did believe percs had the thicker lines but maybe they are the wild ones?? Maybe mine will get thicker lines as they grow, I don't know.

The only thing I do know is that the colour is stunning, I saw lots of juv ocellaris in the shops that were 1/2 inch to 1 inch in size (mine are about an inch) and they looked a very pale orange, in comparison these looked so bright.

All is good anyway, whatever I have I am happy :yahoo:

Lovely pair of clowns good find

Thanks Trod, they seem to be growing quite well, I am sure I can now tell the difference in size and the dominant one is slightly larger, looks like this one will be Nefertari.

One of Hermits moulted, was unsure for a few minutes, but definately a moult.

2009_0324nanoreef0011a.jpg

My clowns in the absence of the Anemone they had in the shop have taken to hosting my powerhead!!

2009_0324nanoreef0012a.jpg

So sweet, will have to get tham a replacement soon, corals is next on the list. They were a little dodgy at feeding the first couple of days, I have found what seems to be their favourite at the moment is Brine Shrimp with added spirulina. They love that stuff, not so immpressed with the Gamma Nano mix that has mysis, rotifers, copepods, chopped muscle, chopped squid and garlic in. Need to get a few more packs, so they have some more variety. Could also do with using a flake or granule occasionally so they are used to it for an auto feeder when I am away (not yet, but want them used to it).

Can anyone recommend a decent Marine granule or flake I can get them eating for this purpose??

i used what ben suggested a few years ago and its good stuff, but king british marine flake is awesome, it has shrimps and loads of different algaes in it, y fish used to love it.

lol at the clowns :rofl:

Thanks, will try both of those, see which they prefer, I am sure they will be just as picky of granules as they seem to be over frozen.

Have bought them some other frozen foods today and I have a coral, will take photo once it is acclimatised and settled.

lol at the clowns

They are certainly turning out to be little fish with huge characters, they recognise me now when I go up to the tank, I presume it is because I feed them and talk to them, I know I am daft. My other half keeps shouting at me for talking to the shrimp and fish, I don't care though.

That's interesting, my clowns will not touch anything with garlic in, maybe yours are the same

Seffie x

:fish:

That's interesting, my clowns will not touch anything with garlic in, maybe yours are the same

Thats interesting Seffie, will keep an eye on that and let you know.

My Coral

Sarcophyton sp. - A little time lapse sequence!!

2005_0101nanoreef0005a.jpg

2005_0101nanoreef0001a.jpg

2005_0101nanoreef0006a.jpg

2005_0101nanoreef0003b.jpg

From picture 1 to 4 took about 3 hours. Not quite as large as it looked in the shop but we will see how it settles in, read that along with Pachyclavularia, Sarcophyton can take a few days to settle in. Hope I placed it ok too. "THE BOOK" states that the green polyps tentacles are less common than white, cream and brown, so I am pleased with the find. FTS will be done at the weekend. :good:

good choice! mine gorws like crazy!

Garlic isnt natural to your clowns diet, maybe thats why they dont like it. Its also linked to liver damage if fed too often

Most reactions

Back