Tina's Nano Journal

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

other half looks at me really strange when I go up to the tank and stand there saying "hello cheops", he thinks I am crazy anyway :crazy:

don't we all get that :lol:

when the clowns go in the tank would look alot livelier. you can get a ca test kit in too since you'd be heading down the reef route soon

[when the clowns go in the tank would look alot livelier. you can get a ca test kit in too since you'd be heading down the reef route soon /quote]

Already got one, phosphate was out of stock when I got original delivery, Calcium level is 520ppm (using Tropic Marine Centre salt), I just need to get Magnesium test kit now.

Glad you are ok, even if a bit eventful at the hospital :crazy: Try to rest and don't over do it :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

:- :- :- awesome tank!

love the scaping :eek:

just great! love the CUC pics!

Sorry about the ordeal

+1 on the Sarcophyton, great beginner.

IMO, the trachyphillia are decent starter hard corals. Not too demanding from a light prospective, but decently demanding from a chemistry standpoint. They won't tolerate values out of range very well...

Cheers for that info ski, will be looking at corals in the next few days, the place I went for clowns were very expensive on corals.

Hitchhikers

Okay, I have what I presume from a little research is an Asterina star, it is on the glass not the rocks so am presuming this is one of the algae eating ones rather than a coral eater.

2009_0322nanoreef0002a.jpg

This next photo has two hitchhikers, not really found anything that resembles either. The bottom circle I was a little worried about aiptasia, however it does not appear to be anemone like (I could be wrong however).

The top circle is a shell, it seems to be a filter feeder in that it opens its shell for a while then closes it, is it a goody??

2009_0322nanoreef0007a.jpg

Clowns

The place I went had the clownfish two per tank, I presume this was so that they could form a bond prior to being sold. The tank they were in had a Bubble Tip Anemone in the corner and they were hosting that. I now feel very guilty as this pair have been hovering in the rear bottom corner where the anemone was in the shop tank.

I bought 2 Tank Bred Percula Clown fish. They are gorgeous, a little bigger than I intended to buy however I believe they were worth it. I paid £14.99 each for them which is not bad in my opinion.

I have called them Ramses and Nefertari after the greatest pharoah of all time Ramses II and his great royal wife Nefertari.
The clue I gave you to the monument built by the pair was Abu Simbel, if you get the chance to go, watching the sun come up over this monument is truly spectacular. However I am sure you would rather just see the photos of the fish and bypass the travel advice.

Ramses and Nefertari

2009_0320nanoreef0013a.jpg

2009_0320nanoreef0021a.jpg

2009_0320nanoreef0022a.jpg

Full Tank Shots

2009_0320nanoreef0030a.jpg

2009_0320nanoreef0029a.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pictures and I hope you can help identify the hitch hikers!! :good:

i would remove the star if i were you, they multiply very quickly! i saw one when i first got my rock, now theres loads!
The clowns look a really nice colour!

Will do Ben, do you have any idea on the other hitchhikers??

I think the colour was what attracted Andrew to them, he thought the ocellaris looked drab in comparison.

erm i cant really tell tbh.

the bottom one looks to me like aptasia wedged into a hole?

the top maybe a scallop of some sort?

I wouldn't remove the star, I have them in mine and they don't seem to multiply that quickly, they are good guys :good:

Could be the dreaded Aptaisia, keep a close eye on it - if it is take the rock out and blast the son of B****

The shell, could be many things - will be cool watching it :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

The bits that look like tentacles look hard and encrusting not soft as aiptasia would be. Will definately keep an eye on it.
The asterina has to stay anyway, I tried removing but dropped it onto the sand, we will see.

Had a bit of a look into the shell

Look at Part 5 last page.

it seems that there are many bivalves seen on LR and it is not a problem, if any one knows any different would appreciate the info!!

oh ive been waiting to get home to see this!! clowns look amazing! the colours are brilliant, i am still not sure what to go for on the clown situe, as the occelaris can look so orange but so can the percs. but i would rather have more orange as a pose to black like yours, does anybody know if the black comes with age? the black lines separating white from orange?

nice find on the clowns, though at first glance i would have thought they were false clowns, and on second glance i still did :lol:

Most reactions

Back