Thinking Of Changing From Tropical Community To Mbuna Or Tanganyikan

OOOOW, I just got £20 of MA vouchers for my birthday from one of the kids..........Cyps maybe?

OOOOW, I just got £20 of MA vouchers for my birthday from one of the kids..........Cyps maybe?

I`d say yes without a doubt but....... do you still have the Fronts? I don`t mean to come across as 'teaching Granny to suck eggs' but.....the cyps would probably end up as an expensive snack, very expensive actually seeing as the cyps at Wimborne MA are priced at £15 each. Ridiculous price imo but what ca you do? :crazy:

More calvus perhaps? :unsure:

I`d say yes without a doubt but....... do you still have the Fronts? I don`t mean to come across as 'teaching Granny to suck eggs' but.....the cyps would probably end up as an expensive snack, very expensive actually seeing as the cyps at Wimborne MA are priced at £15 each. Ridiculous price imo but what ca you do? :crazy:

More calvus perhaps? :unsure:

:lol: yes you are right on that and it even happened to me once before (a tenner's worth of tank bred tiddlers consumed in minutes) :crazy: This time I'm thinking of full grown Cyps to compliment the two I have already. Although the Fronts ignore the Juli fry I know in the wild they look on Cyps as a tasty main course.

Congrats btw on such a long running thread ;)

There`s another batch of punk fry....loads of them, lots more than last time and it looks like they`ve only just hatched due to the tiny size of them!! :hyper: :D

Not sure how long this lot will last unless I try and get them into a hatchery :unsure:

Congratulations on the fry, :cool: You must have something in the water, I'm thinking you get get your fish to spawn in a wet towel :lol:

lol yeah I guess they`re randy little guys :lol: :lol:

I had to take another vid earlier because I was utterly gobsmacked at how many fry there are. The sand seemed to be crawling with the movement from so many fry.
I`ve siphoned as many as I can out of the big tank into the spare 20L but there are approx 20 ish left in with the parents.
There`s a heater, shells and an airstone running in the 20L.....will try and get hold of a sponge filter from somewhere tomorrow. Fingers crossed I`ve made the right decision to seperate them from the parents.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPQZC-aBq70

Cool video, cheers for posting, theres tons of the little wrigglers, cool, when the sumbu hatch out the are just tiny brown crawlers, what a show you have there :hyper:
I used liquid fry food for a week then the powdered stuff, newly hatched baby brine shrimp will go down a treat also :good:
Think I might cancel the Cyps and get some punks now lol, :good:

I couldn`t believe it when I saw them all spread out on the sand, hubby spotted them first.......again :grr: :rolleyes: :lol:
I thought I had some of the liquifry but I haven`t, I`ll have to get some tomorrow. I`ve put some of the powdered decapsulated brine shrimp and the red crumb grade 1 food in for them but I don`t know how they`ll manage with it though.
I reckon I`ve got approx 60-70 fry in the 20L now so fingers crossed most of them will make it :unsure:

You can`t cancel the cyps now :hyper: Easy solution for having punks........another tank :hey: :lol: :lol:

I know that feeling!! :shout: :shout: :shout: :lol: :lol:

You`ll get there ;)

Well just filling back up now so will get a few tank shots tomoz hopefully. I have one 2" bristlenose with 250 litres to himself lol

Well just filling back up now so will get a few tank shots tomoz hopefully. I have one 2" bristlenose with 250 litres to himself lol

Bet he loves you!! :hyper: :lol: :lol:

I`ve separated the fry into my spare 20L and they seem to be doing really well so far. Didn`t realise how many there really were until they began to get a bit more active earlier. I have a sponge filter coming from fleabay and the fry seem to be managing with some liquifry that I got today.
There are still quite a few in the big tank as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJeHmvEr3do

So when is "EliseW's Tanganyikan Aquatics" opening up?
laugh.gif

Sucessfully raising some fry was a great positive for me as I'm sure it is for many, especially after some of the low points I've had during the last nine months. Congratualtions!
good.gif

i lost my shellie fry for a second time. They all hatched but died in this fry thing i made (well i saved a couple but they died after a few weeks for some reason. I ve just moved my spare 2 males out so theres just mum and dad in the 35 now so will leave it to them this time. She looks like she gonna drop any day aswell.

Elise how are you finding your calvus for entertainment? I think im gonna get some comps you see. Also any chance of describing your other fish aswell ;). It might give me some ideas.

Most reactions

trending

Back