Thinking Of Changing From Tropical Community To Mbuna Or Tanganyikan

Try post a pic when you can. If you look at the head shape you might be able to see. If its a comp it will be shorter and wider (compressed). Also its not advised to mix them due to cross breeding. (though that would be a while). I suppose you could put them in that new tank lol.

lol well we`re hoping to move in about a year-18 months so it may well be possible to put them in another tank then :hey: :lol: :lol:

I`ll post a pic as soon as I can, it`s the cross breeding issue that I`m really bothered about, although as you say, it would be some time before they get to that point.

I really hope they`re all the same because they`re quite striking in colour :wub:

elise, even keeping different calvus is not advised for the same reason unfortunately. :)

elise, even keeping different calvus is not advised for the same reason unfortunately. :)

But, but, but......they`re so pretty :sad:

lol I know you`re right, I just couldn`t help myself when the guy said they had to go.....I`m too bloody soft :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hubby has literally just said we`ll wait until we`ve moved and then I can have a 6ft tank in the oak style, similar to what we have now.....yayyyyy!! :D :D :lol: So, providing the new additions don`t grow and mature too quickly they will be able to stay and eventually have a new home :D

Im just jealous really as i havent got any new fish haha.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It`s nothing more than pure chance that I have these new ones, I had no intention of coming home with any other fish today at all.....it`s hubby`s fault for taking us over to MA and that guys fault for getting rid......mind you I won`t complain :lol:

Not a good day today, found the stressed yellow 'calvus' dead behind some rocks this morning, to be honest I`m not surprised, he looked extremely stressed yesterday. Then to top that after doing a water change on the punk fry tank yesterday, there`s hardly any movement in there now. I think I`ll be lucky to have a handful of fry that haven`t died :shout: :shout: :sad:

On a plus side, I did manage to get a decent ish pic of the other yellow 'calvus'

IMG-20110207-00023.jpg

I really don`t know whether comp or calvus, they all look the same to me on the pics I`ve googled :/

Not sure if this helps with an i.d but I took a video clip this afternoon, maybe someone can tell from this:

Sorry to hear about your comp/calvus, apparently Alto's can be a bit sensitive to water changes , moves etc, I'm sure I read on another forum of someone losing two just by moving them into different tanks, :sad
Are you any closer to finding out what he/she is ?

Sorry to hear about your comp/calvus, apparently Alto's can be a bit sensitive to water changes , moves etc, I'm sure I read on another forum of someone losing two just by moving them into different tanks, :sad

Yeah I read that too :/

I still have no idea whether the remaining little chap/chapette is a calvus or a comp, so I`ve posted on Mikes in the hope someone will be able to give me a definate i.d :look:

Yeah I read that too :/

I still have no idea whether the remaining little chap/chapette is a calvus or a comp, so I`ve posted on Mikes in the hope someone will be able to give me a definate i.d :look:

Pretty sure one of the guys over there will be able to advise, sorry I can't help on this one :unsure:
I was looking for the thread over there about the ebay tang tank, I was poorless when I read that last night, bidding against each other, I have seen episodes of fools and horses like this, "rodney you plonker" :lol:

Pretty sure one of the guys over there will be able to advise, sorry I can't help on this one :unsure:
I was looking for the thread over there about the ebay tang tank, I was poorless when I read that last night, bidding against each other, I have seen episodes of fools and horses like this, "rodney you plonker" :lol:

Yeah I hope someone there can i.d :)

The bidding thing on that tank did make me laugh when I read it, I only bid to about 50-60 and it sold for 180 so I know it wasn`t me who was to blame :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, whoever said Tangs aren`t boring were right, there seems to be something going on with them every day :lol: :lol:

I`m not sure what`s going on between my cyps at the moment, they`re kind of dancing around each other then flicking themselves quickly at each other :unsure:
I don`t know for sure but I think I may possibly have 1 female out of the 11 due to the colours that are beginning to show through now. Obviously the ratio isn`t good at all if I`m right about the 1 female but I don`t know how I`ll be able to change it without buying more. Trouble is that until they colour up it`s difficult to tell the females from the males :S

Anyway, I had to creep towards the tank on my knees so I didn`t disturb the dancing cyps while I took a video of them so please ignore the shot of the rug in the living room :lol:

Nice show, :good: Looking forward to getting some Cyps even more now after that, like tghe rug to, ours is the sam, just different colour :lol: I'm sure I seen one of your punks taking a dive into the crowd but is that your featherfins swimming in with the Cyps ? Cool :cool:
:fish:

We obviously have good taste then if we both have the same style rugs B-) :lol:

Yes the featherfins are always in and around the cyps, they all school together in the evenings when the moonlight led is on and it`s nice to see so many fish together at any one time. I think the cyps will look even better together with more colour on them. I`m really looking forward to seeing them fully mature :D

The punks get in on anything that`s going on, purely because they spend so much time chasing the rest away from the middle section :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back