The Start Of Something Bigger.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tanks look v. nice. I swear there are no fish in the 100 though !!!

haha yeah they hide well. They are not as outgoing as my other tank. As soon as the severums see me they start begging. The uaru hide a lot but then food is out they are not shy.

Just read up and got up to date on this thread, i'm impressed. A wonderfull collection of stunning cichlids. But i jsut read you said on a post from June 10 (i think), you said "1 ebjd ( when he gets bigger I might sell him)". That would be a tradegy! I myself own a male EBJD and i've had him since October 2008, he's now 5-6 inches and truely magnificent. By far he'll be the most stunning fish in your tank when he grows...it would be a shame for you to sell him. I look forward to seeing pics of him growing up more than anything being an avid Jack Dempsey fan =D

Have you thought about introducing him a female regular strain JD to breed? I intorduced a regular JD to my male EBJD due to my female EBJD dieing and i didnt want to fork out another £25 to get a new one, so i gave him a £1.95 female and they breed =D

Kep up the great work!

Just read up and got up to date on this thread, i'm impressed. A wonderfull collection of stunning cichlids. But i jsut read you said on a post from June 10 (i think), you said "1 ebjd ( when he gets bigger I might sell him)". That would be a tradegy! I myself own a male EBJD and i've had him since October 2008, he's now 5-6 inches and truely magnificent. By far he'll be the most stunning fish in your tank when he grows...it would be a shame for you to sell him. I look forward to seeing pics of him growing up more than anything being an avid Jack Dempsey fan =D

Have you thought about introducing him a female regular strain JD to breed? I intorduced a regular JD to my male EBJD due to my female EBJD dieing and i didnt want to fork out another £25 to get a new one, so i gave him a £1.95 female and they breed =D

Kep up the great work!

Thanks
Well my EBJD is not on the list of fish I want to sell. I have had him since he was little so I love him. But I was tying to keep it all South american and JD are central. No I don't want a mate for him Thats the last thing I need. Here is my tank as of now and will be over stocked once these guys grow more

1 True parrot 5"
2 Uaru 5.5"
2 Severums 3"-5"
1 EBJD 4"
1 Blue acara 4"
3 pictus cats 4"

The Uaru are up for sale. THey are all healed and ready for a new home.

Right now all fish are getting along pretty well. BUT the parrot and my 4" green severums don't like eachother much. The parrot is being a jerk to him. I hope he gets over it soon. I would like to trade my Ture parrot for some discus right now. Yet at the same time I don't want to let the parrot go because he is so cool.

For now I can keep them but in time one or 2 might have to go.

Well this tank is done. I would like to rehome the true parrot but no one is interested. I lost my red severum due to a stupid mistake on my part.

The stock now is how it will be for the rest of the fish life.

1 male green severum 8"
2 uarus 6-7"
1 female blue acara 5"
1 male buffalo head 4"
1 ebjd 4" ( not very healthy. He is deformed and just a mess)
*1 true parrot 8" ( will sell as soon as I find a good home)*
1 female bn pleco 4"
1 rubber nose Pleco 4.5"
2 pictus cats 5"

Here they all are in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyproBUaTBg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What kind of lighting are you using on your tank?
What Kelvin is it?

I'm trying to do new lighting on my tank, I've been through just about every bulb at my LFS from 10,000k to 6,700k to 6,500k to 50/50actinic, a "color enhancing" bulb that didnt have a labeled kelvin, now purchased a 5,000k bulb that i got home to find was defective and wouldnt turn on :angry: All the bulbs except the color enhancing one have been way too blue. the color enhancing one was way too red/pink.. Yours just seems to be a crisp white.

I have not been on here in so long sorry. It's summer I have been playing outside more then in.

Not sure off the top of my head but it's just a white light good for plant growth. I will check what it is. Coralife in the brand day light bulbs tend to give off a crisp bight white light. I use cfl on my planted tanks and I get the ones that say daylight and it's the same effect.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back