The Start Of Something Bigger.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SO nip is doing ok in the 55 gal with the cory cats and tetras. I think she might be lonely when I come back from me Costa rica trip I will put her back in the 100 gal and see how things go. The Parrot Kiwi is doing great. eatting like a big taking charge of the tank in a nice way. She has started to push little Mr pink around. Kiwi and Mr Sparkels push eachother around but no big fights. Things are going well. I'm happy with my fish.

I must say I had no clue what I was getting into with the Hoplarchus Psittacus aka True Parrot. I heard mixed things about them being shy some said they are aggressive other said they were a lot like severums in temperment. What I can say about mine is once they adjust they are not shy. Mine comes out to see me. She is skitsh when you move to fast by the tank. Besides that this is not a shy fish. I think part of her being skitish to fast movment is due to her being a wild fish. These guys have SO many sensorty Pits in the head its no wonder they get HITH. I just keep up with WC, have good filters, feed frozen food and flakes. So I hope he does not ever get the HITH.

I will updat how adding Nip back in goes.

:look: More photos. WHY because I love to take photos of my fish call me a dork if you must.
The water is a little cloudy because I took these after a little WC.
P4213186.jpg

P4213208.jpg

P4213158.jpg

P4213178.jpg

I just got back from our vacation to costa rica. I lost 2 fish :( one red eye tetra and my new flag cichlid. I have no clue were they are or what happen.

Update:How the 4 are getting along.
Any ways I moved Nip back into the 100 gal after doing a 70% WC and cleaned decor and moved it around. Kiwi the parrot is the tank king with mr sparkel the EBJD in a close second. the severums are at the bottom of the pecking order right now.

At first kiwi was picking on Nip a lot they lip locked 2 times nip lost. Kiwi is being much kinder then nip was to kiwi at first. Nip is holding her own and I think things will work out fast. My little red severum swam right next to Nip when she was added as if he missed her. They are sticking together.

Sorry to hear about the fish.

This blogs got some great pictures :) I especially like the ones at the start with your cichlids checking out the pleco :lol:

Update

P5073330.jpg

my female blue acara was nipping at my tetras and might have killed one so I moved her to the 100 gal she fit in very well. They checked her out and that was it. More nip my severu
the kiwi the parrot hates is still in the 55 gal community. I will try can get them together again.

Here is my shy baby. Telling my ebjd to back off. No one got hurt and these 2 don't fight just push each other .
P5053254.jpg

Monday I will be switching out my 55 gal for a 85 gal. That is if they don't sell it this weekend. So now I'm done.

:lol: you say that every time you get a new tank!!!!

HAHA but really the 55 gal will be up for sale as soon as the fish are in the new tank. Its going to go in the same place as the 55 gal. So if you want a 55 gal you can buy mine I will throw in a 10 gal tank and a 5 gal betta tank ;) . I think 3 tanks is the perfect amount any more and WC become a pain.

:crazy:
So I'm selling my 55 gal because I got a really nice 80 gal to replace it. I'm still trying to get the decor all right then I will take some photos.

I am so addicted to thus hobby but I have it under control now. I have seen the crazyness in my ways. I am happy with my tanks and my stocking. No more tanks for me. The key is no more fish. If you stop getting fish no need for more tanks. So that's the plan.

Here is my current and end stock.

36 gal
3 festivum ( might need to move once big)
3 xray tetras ( I had more my blue acara eat some)
1 bn pleco
1 ram

80 gal
5 emperor tetras
4 panda corys
8 bronze corys
1 ram ( will sell)
1 block head cichlid
1 green severum
1 red severum
1 dwarf butterfly cichlid ( will sell)
1 bn pleco
1 ebjd ( when he gets bigger I might sell him)

100 gal
4 red eye tetras ( I had 8 but some jumped others were snacks)
8 Columbian Tetra
1 true parrot
2 uaur
1 blue acara
3 pictus cats
1 bn pleco

You're lucky you have three decent sized tanks! I have my big one and a 5.5gal for my Betta :lol: Wish I had room for another medium sized tank. Should be getting a slightly larger tank for my Betta and co. though, but only about 30 litres.

:crazy:
So I'm selling my 55 gal because I got a really nice 80 gal to replace it. I'm still trying to get the decor all right then I will take some photos.

I am so addicted to thus hobby but I have it under control now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have seen the crazyness in my ways. I am happy with my tanks and my stocking. No more tanks for me.

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does this mean you won't do an online fish order with me? You must NEED some little fishy to complete your tanks.

P.S. I know I'm being mean. Really you are an inspiration! Cheers.

Yup I can't order any more fish for a few years. Plants yes I can use more plants. Yet I have been thinking of getting one SAE because this BBA I have is getting to me. So if you find a sae from the person you order from I might be down for that.

This is not the first time I have fought with my addiction to fish haha. 5 yr ago I went crazy keeping 8 bettas in 8 differant tanks I wanted more. Could never get enough of them. But I gave them away when I moved cross country and did not keep any fish for 3 years. Now that I'm settled and have money I went crazy. But really I'm happy now. I have the perfect size tanks. This 80 gal looks better IMO then my 55 gal. I will get photo tonight.

With larger cihlids you really need at least 2 large tanks. Some don't always get along and these fish are my pets too I can't just give them away.

With larger cihlids you really need at least 2 large tanks. Some don't always get along and these fish are my pets too I can't just give them away.

In an ideal world I would have more than one large tank, however I make up for it by having one huge tank. My fish are totally my pets too, I'd never give them away or sell them unless they were really unhappy, or for their own safety. I gave away some tetras and barbs purely as my GT would have eaten them, though it was still hard to do it.

Actually in an ideal world I'd have 2 SA tanks, an African cichlid tank, a large marine tank plus my Betta's tank :lol:

Here is the new tank. I still need to move stuff around and add more plants.

80galnew1.jpg

80galnew.jpg

Update photos of how the tanks look. Just thought I should post these here.

100 gal
P7023738.jpg

my uaru were happy and swimming around. Now that I added new plants they are shy again. These guys can not handle change. My parrotand blue acara are fine and exploring. I added a little 2" bn pleco to the tank. She loves all the extra space and all the wood she could want to herself.

The 80 gal still not how I want it but close.
P7023737.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back