'the Slow Burner' - Pics & Vid 21/08

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Your tank is inspiring me! I am working out a S. American biotope and plan on stocking a wild breed. The frogbit is lovely and I hadn't realized I could use it. Your wood needs some lifting.. .. :hey: ..

Maybe set it on it's side? lol What vallis is that? I had some sent to me that was brown on arrival so I couldn't identify it. It didn't seem as slim as yours even when browned.

Tank looks excellent :D How is the Farlowella getting along? Always liked them but heard they can be a bit hard to adapt to tank life?

Wills

I've actually got two in there. I got one first to see how they fared and after a couple of months I got another. Both seem to be doing well. They get bumped around by the corys when on the substrate, but it doesn't seem to bother them. Have watched them go for algae wafers and they seem to compete well for food.

......they are also an exuse to keep some of the algae on the plants, as Minnnt so kindly pointed out :)

Maybe set it on it's side? lol

What vallis is that? I had some sent to me that was brown on arrival so I couldn't identify it. It didn't seem as slim as yours even when browned.

If I move that wood my angels will stop loving me for it is their favourite spawning site.

the vallis is vallisneria spiralis

Had to euthanize the eldest Bolivian just now. Had been unable to swim for about a week with rapid breathing. No physical signs that i could identify to be able to treat.

Bag and brick. Not nice but swift.

No plans to get another Bolivian - have not seen any sort of spawning behaviour between the six, either I've got 6 of the same sex or my set up is not enticing them to do so.

.......did spot a lone Dwarf Flag Acara juvi hiding in a random tetra tank at the LFS. I loved the wild one I had so might opt for that instead.

not an interesting update, this is more for my own records.

Repositioned most of the plants and added a 3000lph wavemaker to aid the flow.....turned the tank into a whirlpool so that idea was quickly scrapped. Need to look for something less powerful.

added another slate cave the and BNs did their normal party piece of burying under it and turning the water milky again.

....thinking of adding a laetacara of some kind.

3000 lph, wow! Were you intoxicated when you thought that was a good idea? :lol: 900lph would be plenty. :good:

3000 lph, wow! Were you intoxicated when you thought that was a good idea? :lol: 900lph would be plenty. :good:

I'm blaming the members who replied to my thread asking for advice on which to choose. They made me do it!

lol, clean sand is sooo nice though. I remember when I moved my spraybar around and switched the filter back on - it was amazing; the flow was sweeping the substrate like a broom :p makes maintenance a lot easier! I think I've got my flow just about perfect now, though it is a little strong :)

saw a single Laetacara sp. (so I thought) in a tank of tetra at my LFS last week. Discussed it with the guy in the store and he thought it was a Nannacara anomala (Golden Eye Dwarf). Only a fiver so I bought it tonight...

.....will give it a few days, grab some pics when settled, then get a positive ID.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back