'the Slow Burner' - Pics & Vid 21/08

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

the Dad has been a protective powerhouse. Spike cheeks (that is the correct scientific term I'm sure) have been permanently puffed and he's keenly aerating the eggs constantly. I had to remove a rouge assassin snail for him but the clutch is sadly already down to around 50%. They are sitting on an open piece of slate so there's not much chance any will make it.

new cave has been built and will go in tomorrow (they already have two others in there) so I hope the next brood will be more fruitful.....but also less destructive!

the filter floss worked a charm overnight - cleared completely. I got a massive bag of it at the LFS, much more cost effective than the purpose made Fluval ones.

.....really need to start reading about BN breeding as I'm pretty clueless in that area. Very pleased to have given my 3yr old male some company though.

Lots has been happening in here mate, its looking lovely. You can always tell when a tank looks good as you don't know by the pictures its a tank that the fish and plants are within.

Those BNs are suprisingly powerful right? Mine is quarantined for abit and hes made the substrate look like the Alps

thanks KkAaNnEe, very kind words!

the BNs have now settled down, haven't had any digging for a while now. Got a massive bag of floss on standby for whenever they start again though...

hmmmm, think I might need to thin the amazon frogbit out a bit.....

IMG_7068.jpg

Is that really how much light gets through to your tank? :lol:

Never mind that, get some more pics of the Angels up!!! :wub:

Is that really how much light gets through to your tank? :lol:

Never mind that, get some more pics of the Angels up!!! :wub:

when the filters are running it's only about half covered.

taking the macro lens home this weekend with the hope of doing exactly that.

Have been playing with the macro lens....

The largest of the bunch, showing the contrast in his colour changes...
IMG_7082.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

IMG_7094.jpg

IMG_7095.jpg

IMG_7098.jpg

I can never quite get the perfect picture of my rams - they flare up and look fantastic, but the pics never do them justice.
IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7104.jpg

One of them decided to change to a nice hue of orange across the head during the photo shoot.
IMG_7119.jpg

IMG_7109-1.jpg

IMG_7100.jpg

IMG_7102.jpg

Stunning mate. Really are. The big one is great!

Is that a scratch on the tank?

Also I would thin the worst algae affected vallis leaves out too.

Yup it's a scratch. The macro picks it up nicely :/

Am also lax with the gardening duties. Anything else you want to pull me up on? :lol:

Didn't upload the obligatory fts
IMG_7124.jpg

Fts looks great!! The wood stands out like a sore thumb though. :lol:

I know, but the angels love to lay eggs on it.

One day I will stump up the cash for the massive centrepiece of wood that I want and rescape it.....until that day I wont change a thing.

Tank looks excellent :D How is the Farlowella getting along? Always liked them but heard they can be a bit hard to adapt to tank life?

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back