The Rainbow Bridge

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

He resided here for over three years in his 6 gallon tank. :rip:
[/quote]

I'm so sorry about your loss. I'm sure your betta was very happy and healthy, he lived for quite a long time.

I lost my beloved cat Georgie on march third 2006, only a month befor his 10th berthday. I miss him very much. He died of conjestive heart failure, we didn't know any thing was wrong untill it was too late. We came home one day and found him unable to move and struggling to breath. He died in my mother's arms on the way to the emergency vet.

memories-

When I was about ten yours old I put my cat in the shower (without turning on the water) and closed the dore. It was one of those glass shawers. There was a ledg about three feet high between the shawer and the tub. There a glass wall that completed the separation. Any way, he tried to jump out onto the ledg and ran head first into the glass wall!

He liked to jump onto the piano and walk acrost the keys. Every once and a while we'd hear a few random notes and know it was George playing on the piano.

The first time we heard him on the piano was really funny. Actually it was key board and it was set to that creepy organ sound. My mom and I were home alone and we heard this strange noise like you hear on those horror movies. We went down stairs to find out what it was and lo and behold it was Georgie sitting on the key board!

He lost his left front leg when he was about two years old. he got a cut on his paw that, dispite many trips to the vet, became so infected that we had to remove his hole leg. It suprised me that he adaped so well to life as a three leged cat. He inspired me, he gave me strength to overcome my chalenges.

Here is a picture I did of him in colored pencil
DSC02275.jpg

This is a memorial that I did for him after he passed on
DSC02284.jpg

Ok im doing the biggest thing i can here!
I used to have a border collie called jess!
but when my mum moved my dad said he would look after her till our house was ready.....
but on the saturday after i found my dad had gave my dog away just because his new fiance hated fur on the floor......
i have held on for 4 years not wanting to let her go.....
but shes happy where she is i hope

Bye jess miss you
xxx

My bunny, Rosie, died a few days ago :-( . We knowtised on January fifth that she really didn't look well. We couldn't get her into the vet right then. She started to go back to narmal for a day, but then she started to really go down hill. We got her into the vet and they gave her some meds, a pain killer, and an anti iflamitory. She passed away in her sleep that night (January 9 2008). We hope she was comfortable. Atleast she didn't suffer for very long. She was quite old. She was to tern 11 in the spring.

Memories

I would lie down on the floor and read wile she played. She would jump up on my belly and tickle my fance with her wiskers. She would also zip back and forth acrost my room.

I got her from some people who didn't want her any more, they hardly gave her any attention. It took a few months, but it was so nice when I finaly got her to eat out of my hands.

The receptionest at the the vet, the first time we went, did a double take when she saw the date of Rosies birth. She said, "Your rabbits nine years old!" At the same appiontment the vet said, "Whatever your doing, keep doing it." Because she was so healthy for her age.

:rip:

Rosie I miss you, and I look forward to the day we will meet again at the raibow bridge!

We lost our beloved cat Jack on 28th Dec. He was diagnosed with an agressive tumour on his neck, that was inoperable because of it's location, and untreatable with radio/chemotherapy, so we basically had to watch and wait and hope he would tell us when enough was enough.
That sad day came just after Christmas, and we sent him to kitty heaven, less than 3 months after we first found the lump. In that time it had grown to the size of a golf ball.
He was 14 years old, and I had him from a kitten, he had a unique personality and was like a human in some of his ways.
I will never forget him, and we now have his ashes in a lovely urn shaped like a sleeping cat, so he will always be near.
RIP Jack, we will always love you and never forget the happiness you gave us.xxx

Attachments

• Image_120_.jpg
    Image_120_.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 164
  • jack2.JPG
    jack2.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 177
My Cat Brady :[

I loved him to death and he got hit by a car.
:rip: Brady

StacyRach004-1.jpg

StacyRach008.jpg

StacyRach003-1.jpg

StacyRach001.jpg

I will always miss him!
And I will never forget the call I got about him that night.

seesha.jpg

Two months on I am ready to put my Sasha on here. I still find it hard to believe she is gone and I find it harder to think about her. I can take memory flashes in my mind of her doing something cute or just being in the room or on the bed, but I can't actually *think* about her yet. It'll come in time.

Sasha Lee Davies 2nd February 2000 to 22nd February 2008.

hpim0140.jpg

hpim0145.jpg

sashfish2.jpg

sash1.jpg

kidsbed.jpg

Tracey.jpg

Been with my boy since he was born. That's my sister sitting holding baby Dylan and my trusty Sasha laying beside them.

My little dog, Chloe, died Yesterday. We had to put her to sleep. She had been having seazurs, and they caused her a lot of brain damage. She was only five years old. She was born on july 10th 2003, my little brothers birthday only he wasn't born in the same year. She was a sweet little doggy. She absolutly loved to play! It was her favorite thing to do. We would throw toy for her down the hall and she would run so fast that she would sit down and slide on the wood flore when she got to her toy. She would grab her squeeky balls and lay with them, squeeking them over and over again. When we cuddled with her and put our heads against hers she would push back. Sh loved the snow too. She would run around and then do a faceplant. Her face would get covered in snow you couldn't even see her eyes, it was so funny! Even though she was younger, and smaller, than our other dog she was definitly the more dominant of the two. Whenever we gave them rawhide she would wate untill Dexter, my other dog, had made it a little soft. She would stick her butt in his face, walk backward, and nearly sit on his head. Then they would switch treets. One time she wanted his rawhide so bad that she slaped her front paws on the floor. It eaven scared me! She also had the cutest growle. I can't really describe it, but it sounded so funny. She never really barked eather. She only sounded her alarm when dexter went crazy. She had the biggest paw too, they looked like puppy paws. We had a plastic cast of her paw print mad today. We also used to call her hart butt, because she had a spot shaped like a hart by her tail. We also called her chloichloi, Chlo-dog, girly-dog, and girly. Once she got an infection and we had to put her on some perscription dog food, and the vets put her name on the bag. They speled it Chole lol. Obedience came pretty good to her. She didn't leave the yard and she came when I called. Whenever she lost one of us outside she would just stand at a door and wait for it to open, if it didn't she would got to another one, and then another. So if we ever lost her outside we would just check all the doors. She was scard of loud nioses. We babysat my cousins bird once, and she hid in my parents room the hole time. We loved her very much. We are so glad that she graced our lives.
Now she is playing up in heaven. She will nolonger be interupted by draining seazures. Mybe she is romping with my bunny Rosie up there. She loved her.
Rest in peace, my little Chlo-dog.
DSC01634.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

:sad: I am so sorry for your loss. She was such a beautiful little girl and it sounds like you had 5 brilliant years with her, loads of beautiful and funny memories. It's so hard to make that decision, but very brave. I'm sure she's smiling down on you all, with Rosie.

:rip: Chloe, run fast and play hard at the rainbow

Hi all
I have some sad news
unfortunately Bagheera went missing on 30th Dec 2008.
Last night, after putting up some lost cat posters the day before, I had a call.
sadly he had been knocked down and his body was found on the 1st Jan. :(

:rip: Baggy

bags002.jpg

baggy002.jpg

I best go now before I get emotional again

Hi all
I have some sad news
unfortunately Bagheera went missing on 30th Dec 2008.
Last night, after putting up some lost cat posters the day before, I had a call.
sadly he had been knocked down and his body was found on the 1st Jan. :(

:rip: Baggy

bags002.jpg

baggy002.jpg

I best go now before I get emotional again

Beautiful cat, Abyssinian? (Or however it's spelt) I'm sorry for your loss, a similar thing happened with my Border Collie a couple of years ago. Missing about 5 weeks then I received a call to say that he'd been electrocuted on the railway line near us. I was so heartbroken.

My thoughts are with you. - And everyone here who's lost someone close to them. (And yes, by someone, I do mean our animals - far more important to me than any person.)

Tony - I was only four when he died, but I clearly remember him walking down the stairs, staggering a few feet, then collapsing. :( He was a 12 year old, very sickly miniature poodle. He had kidney problems, was completely blind from cataracts, and suffered from epilepsy. My dog now is turning 13 very soon, and that worries me that his time is coming soon as well. :no:

2 Snails - I got 2 pet snails from school when I was very, very young. I brought them to show some of my friends and somebody I did not get along with took them, cracked open their shells and killed them, purposely. :( I did not have them for long, but it still bothers me today that somebody would do that.

First of all, thanks for the space to show off my darling wee pudding face.... Benji.
I found it really hard to decide which photos to upload so forgive me for going a bit over-board.

We got Benji on my 5th birthday and he was absolutely my best friend for 17 years :wub:
He's a cairn terrier.

this is him with his puppy black face
justapup.jpg

He got in on all the "lets look our best" photos before parties etc, much to my mum's disgruntlement.
benjiaddingatouchofglamour.jpg

My Dad used to be a barber and used all his gear even when cutting Benji's hair
Idontneedahaircut.jpg

He had his own blanket, pillow and tiny teddy bear AWWW
leavemealoneimsleeping.jpg

However he generally slept in my bed:
spoiledrotten-1.jpg

or on it :fun:
welcomehome.jpg

Im about 14 here, he is about 9
meandbenji99.jpg

He would gladly pose for his glamour shots
benjisittingpretty98.jpg

We would sit at the front door and watch the boats in the harbor
watchingtheworldgoby.jpg

This is one of the very last photos of him, he was about 17 in this photo and very content to be coddled.
meandbenji04.jpg

I grew up with Benji and I adore him and all the memories he gave me. :thanks:

Oy... My cat who i grew up with, and as a child i called my brother. Amazing cat!!
Bazil... my hamster. Sweet little fella.
Reggie... my rat, so friendly and ever so intelligent.
And all my guineapigs over the years, most recently Coco who had a big cancerous lump. big, larger than life character!

Miss them all loads xoxox

Here's my buddy Ricky, had him since I was 12 years old and the little #### passed away June 23rd 2009, one day before my birthday.
He was bornFebruary 17th 1995. It's been 2 months already and I miss him every day that goes by!

Picture taken in November 2002
Ricky4.jpg

Last picture I too of Ricky, next to my son, on April 13th 2009
100_4801.jpg

RIP Rick

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back