The old 1.5 Gal.....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
No it's not overstocked. I know you have reasons for putting the lone danio in there, but you also know it's not ideal (too small for such as fast swimming fish as a danio; fast swimming fish stress bettas)

As for shrimps, be aware that a betta will try to eat them. It may succeed or it may just stress the shrimps.
I put shrimps in with my last betta because of his personality - he ignored them. But he also ignored the rice fish fry that hatched from eggs on the water sprite I transferred from my main tank. With the last betta I had to rescue baby shrimps from the bucket at every water change - they always went into the main tank to avoid over populating the betta's tank. When this betta died and I got my current betta, he tried to catch the adult shrimps but failed. However, I have not found a single baby shrimp since I got this betta although I have berried females all the time. He can obviously catch babies. And when we went away for a few days a couple of months ago I came back to half the number of shrimps than were there before the holiday. At least he didn't go hungry.

How many snails/shrimp could I put in the 10 gal.?

Right now it has 1 betta fish, 1 Zebra Danio, and 1 Nerite snail. Is that over stocking? :)
I didn’t realize you had set it up. I’m dying to see it...or did I miss it. :)

I will post a picture of it in a few!

(So what would be a good stocking list? Just so you know, my betta is not aggressive, at all. ) :)

But I would definitely like some shrimp! :
(I have decided, no shrimp in the 1.5 gallon tank. ) :)

Sounds like you are sold on Shrimp. I can send you a few red cherry shrimp too if you want to try them. Have places for them to hide from the betta although I don’t think he’ll hurt them.

So it isn safe to send them? Where do you live?

I live in Lawrenceburg Kentucky. I am just wondering on distance. :)

But what would be a good stocking list?

I am not going to get any more Zebra Danios, maybe Harliquen Rasboras? Or Pearl Danios?

I would love some shrimp to put in my 10 gallon tank! (How many is recommend? Are they grouping shrimp?) :)

You can mail shrimp and snails. I have shipping boxes. Just need breather bags.

Sounds good! I will need to make completely sure of it before I give you my address, but I think this could work!

Here is my 10 gallon tank, do you like it? :)
0384AE2E-3E49-4F0A-AA2C-51F16977DDAC.jpeg

I just found 2 breather bags. I’ll have them next week if you want the snails/shrimp. I’ll conversation you when I get the bags and if you want me to send them I will.

Your 10g is cute! The harlequin is a good option, they live in similar conditions. Or even a Pygmy cory (or 2 max) if you move the danio. Definitely check out the cherry shrimp from Deanasue! I’d throw in something bushy to help them hide (Java moss, Brazilian micro sword, Anubias, waterweed maintained & replanted into a field).... there are also red Rili shrimp, orange Sakura, black diamond, neon yellow, and blue velvets that are gorgeous and need the same conditions. You could have a little shrimp cocktail in there :)

As far as your tiny tank, just throw some driftwood and a ton of live plants in it!! I LOVE plant only tanks & if you put enough stringy plants you’ll have plenty of movement!

Thank you @Peepss!

So what exactly do Cherry Shrimp eat? I know they munch on dead plant debris, and will sometimes eat algae wafers, is there anything else?

And yes, I have decided no fish or animals in the 1.5 gallon tank!

I have also decided no Cory’s. I would like to have a Pleco (I know it sounds crazy, but I just wish a “Mini pleco” existed!) :lol:

Thank you for your time!

(I think the HR would be a good option.) :)

They’ll eat algae, veggies like zucchini, and fish food too but I feed mine the crab cuisine that comes in a little purple bag.. can’t remember the brand right now but they love it.

The bristlenose pleco is about as “mini” as you can get! They top out around 6” usually but you’ll need a bigger tank. I have an albino & he is ACTIVE (&hungry).

Edit- here’s the food, it’s about $3 for a little bag:

Attachments

• 88290A79-CF11-4D62-9EA6-5A6A5C2921AD.jpeg
    88290A79-CF11-4D62-9EA6-5A6A5C2921AD.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 65
I feed mine Crab Cuisine too! That and Ken’s Veggie Sticks. A bag of Crab Cuisine will last a long time!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back