The Conversion Has Begun...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You'll want to stay away from any rocks that have obvious metal deposits, any that look like they have rust on them (a good sign of metal), and anything that has a tendency to flake (not harmful, but makes a big mess). Other than that, you can use just about anything, limestone is especially good as it will help buffer your water.

Thanks alot for that :good:

There's a few that I've had my eye on, but the one I want the most has a rusted look to it, with evident layers of different colours.

I managed to snap a quick pic on the way past, and yes I got a few strange looks for this :lol:

I'll post it up in ten or so minutes, so watch this space :good:

Cheers,

Maximus

Here we go:

DSC02238.jpg

And zoomed in a little:

DSC02239.jpg

So what do we think?

P.s Still chuffed with the quality of the phone cam :D

Cheers,

Maximus

Id prolly steer clear of something like that purely on the basis of the chunkiness: if one falls= crushed fish. Also makes it hard to form caves and stuff. Then again looking at it looks like it could have metal inclusions which makes it somewhat of a nono. Better to be safe than sorry

Id prolly steer clear of something like that purely on the basis of the chunkiness: if one falls= crushed fish. Also makes it hard to form caves and stuff. Then again looking at it looks like it could have metal inclusions which makes it somewhat of a nono. Better to be safe than sorry

Ok, thanks for that then :good:

I was a bit wary about the colour of it.

I was going for the thinner pieces myself, suppose I'll have to look about some more :nod:

Thanks again,

Maximus

THE ROCKWORK IS IN!

Well, I've finally got my ass into gear and got myself some lava rock :D

I carn't believe how much they love it, and me too!

The dominant male has been running crazy trying to claim all for himself lol

Well, here's a few pics, sorry about the quality :shout:

DSC02274.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Maximus

Yep looking much better. :good:

Thanks both of you :)

I carn't believe how much more active the "shy" ones were.

I think it's because they feel more secure and can easily escape aggressiors :nod:

Any advice or compliments ( :hey: ) welcome :lol:

I tried to create an open cove in the centre, kind of like a SW reef :shifty:

Thanks again,

Maximus

Cheers mate :good:

It's taken me aaaaaaages to find the right fish, and finally the right decor :blink:

I'm really happy with it now.

Funny you should say "big" lol. Everytime I look at it I think *hmm, I could of got a 7ft tank in there* :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone

Maximus

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back