The Conversion Has Begun...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wow, sorry about the late reply, I forgot :S

Just a quick note, mine are true fw flouders, I was just wondering if they would get eaten or not, But
I'm not gonna risk it.

And yes, fishfishfish, I got myself 3 synos :p

I'm unsure of their sp. at the moment, but I'll get a scientific name for you, prob at the weekend :good:

I'm planning on getting some more rockwork too. I think my tanks really coming along now, any thoughts or suggestions people?

Cheers,

Maximus

Hey guys, Just a quick question;

Melanochromis johannii, in my tank or not?

Remembering I have a demasoni in there :huh:

Cheers,

Maximus

Hey there people,

I ordered in the johanni, but I havent got any yet.

I still dont know If they'll be a problem with my demasoni in there.
Do you think it'll be alright if I got 1 male and 2/3 females to keep him occupied :shifty: ?

Thanks in advance :good:

I would stick with a single Demasoni - adding females is likely to complicate things and could make the aggression worse. Johanni and Demasoni is a risky mix to be honest - too similar in body shape and colouration IME. :/

I would stick with a single Demasoni - adding females is likely to complicate things and could make the aggression worse. Johanni and Demasoni is a risky mix to be honest - too similar in body shape and colouration IME. :/

Damn, thought so :/

At least I asked first B)

I got to thinking the other day, because my tank has a few fish that arent "advisable" to go together (the haps) I was considering
returning all my fish, in a trade for demasonis'. I was thinking how good a tank would look with 15 demasoni's and 15 yellow
labs 8)

But I doubt it would work, or I will do it lol.

What do you think ferris?

Cheers for the help mate :)

This will surprise you :hyper: - Labs and Demasoni work very well together despite being at opposite ends of the aggression scale. IMO it is probably the best way to keep Demasoni aside from a species only tank.

If that's what you fancy - i'd say go for it. :good:

P.S - Don't forget the pics because it makes for a stunning display tank. :D

This will surprise you :hyper: - Labs and Demasoni work very well together despite being at opposite ends of the aggression scale. IMO it is probably the best way to keep Demasoni aside from a species only tank.

If that's what you fancy - i'd say go for it. :good:

P.S - Don't forget the pics because it makes for a stunning display tank. :D

You've just gone and done it again.... :shifty:

This might just have to happen...

It might be a couple of weeks, but it might just happen...

(because I carn't drive :p)

Cheers,

Maximus

15 of each might be a bit over the top, even in a 100 gal - 12 would be a better number IMO. You can always add more later if there is room. :good:

Keep us posted on what you decide and don't forget those pics. :nod:

15 of each might be a bit over the top, even in a 100 gal - 12 would be a better number IMO. You can always add more later if there is room. :good:

I like the number 12, I don't know why :lol: I was just using 15 as an example :good:

The last batch of labs we recieved wasn't the best, so I'll have to get another in.

I'll keep you posted.

P.s The "trade" will happen before the added rock, for catching reasons...

Thanks again,

Maximus

I like the number 12, I don't know why :lol: I was just using 15 as an example :good:

The last batch of labs we recieved wasn't the best, so I'll have to get another in.

I'll keep you posted.

P.s The "trade" will happen before the added rock, for catching reasons...

Thanks again,

Maximus

any updates on the tank? did you get 12 of each? and we would love lots of pics :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back