The Best Water Changing Device

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes, you are right.
Add the dechlorinator first before adding the freshwater.
You will have to add dechlorinator according to your tank total volume and not the volume of the freshwater.
Thanks for clarifying!

I always add Prime as I begin filling the tank, have my filled syringe next to the tank so that it is ready when I drag the Python to the tank...

Thanks for clarifying!

By the way, this dosage of dechlorinator only apply when you add your tap water directly to the tank instead of using a bucket.
If you are using a bucket to mix the dechlorinator with the tap water, then you only add dechlorinator according to your tap water volume.(freshwater).

I once got told off on here for saying that. I was told this only applies to Seachem Prime, no other water conditioner.

To make absolutley certain, if you don't use Prime I suggest emailing the company that makes your water conditioner to check.

I once got told off on here for saying that. I was told this only applies to Seachem Prime, no other water conditioner.

To make absolutley certain, if you don't use Prime I suggest emailing the company that makes your water conditioner to check.
Really?.....hmmmm

Because of being told off a few years ago, after my post (#34) I emailed API to ask them as I use API Tap Water Conditioner. Their reply has just arrived.

If pre-mixing water, you are able to just add only the amount for the exchange.

However, when adding water directly to the tank from a hose, you will need to dose the amount for the entire aquarium gallons. This ensures that the product is adequately mixed throughout, for proper and immediate dechlorination.

So whoever it was that told me off was wrong!

Because of being told off a few years ago, after my post (#34) I emailed API to ask them as I use API Tap Water Conditioner. Their reply has just arrived.

So whoever it was that told me off was wrong!
Thanks for clearing that up, that's a great help

The Python gravel cleaner is a waste of money and water. Just use a normal gravel cleaner and bucket for small tanks, or a garden hose and plastic drink bottle gravel cleaner (or a normal gravel cleaner) for bigger tanks.

Tap water should always be dechlorinated before adding it to an aquarium containing live organisms. You never know when the water company has done work on the pipes and they normally add extra chlorine/ chloramine after doing work on the pipes. If the water company has done work on the pipes and loaded the tap water with chlorine/ chloramine, and you do a water change and fill the tank with untreated tap water, you can kill everything in the aquarium.
It is better to err on the safe side and dechlorinate all tap water before adding it to the tank.

The Python gravel cleaner is a waste of money and water. Just use a normal gravel cleaner and bucket for small tanks, or a garden hose and plastic drink bottle gravel cleaner (or a normal gravel cleaner) for bigger tanks.

Tap water should always be dechlorinated before adding it to an aquarium containing live organisms. You never know when the water company has done work on the pipes and they normally add extra chlorine/ chloramine after doing work on the pipes. If the water company has done work on the pipes and loaded the tap water with chlorine/ chloramine, and you do a water change and fill the tank with untreated tap water, you can kill everything in the aquarium.
It is better to err on the safe side and dechlorinate all tap water before adding it to the tank.
I disagree, a regular hose doesn't have a shutoff valve, and lots of us aren't handy with DIY plumbing, no matter how simple it may be...I'll always use my Python for WC's, only ever bought 1, and it should last forever...if parts wear out, they're easily replaceable

Hello :)
It depends on the volume you have to change and the water used.
If tap water, Python water changer is a good device, maybe the best one.
In case of ROW or remineralised ROW a simple waterpump + a suitable hose + a large bucket, that is all.

Hello :)
It depends on the volume you have to change and the water used.
If tap water, Python water changer is a good device, maybe the best one.
In case of ROW or remineralised ROW a simple waterpump + a suitable hose + a large bucket, that is all.
Agreed, I'm lucky enough to just have to use tap water for my fish, in all 5 tanks, so I never consider RO water during WC's

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back