50% water changes

I'm another shrimp keeper who does regular large water changes. I've had Neocaridina's for around 13 years with no issues. I even add plant fertiliser without killing shrimps.



Don't forget George Farmer has heavily planted tanks; he has far more plants than most of us have so he needs more fertiliser than those of us with less heavily planted tanks.
In my two tanks I basically have a row of plants along the back and a few at the front, easy growing plants with no co2. The instructions on the aquascape fertiliser you add daily works out at 4 mls for my 200 litre and 2.5 mls for my 125 litre. So for the 7 days dosing that works out at 28 mls a week for the 200 and 17.5 mls for the 125 which to me sounds a lot,so maybe better cutting back to 3mls and 2mls.
 
I always dose less than the bottle says as I don't have lots of fast growing plants. My fastest grower is red root floater, the rest are all slow growers.
 
In my two tanks I basically have a row of plants along the back and a few at the front, easy growing plants with no co2. The instructions on the aquascape fertiliser you add daily works out at 4 mls for my 200 litre and 2.5 mls for my 125 litre. So for the 7 days dosing that works out at 28 mls a week for the 200 and 17.5 mls for the 125 which to me sounds a lot,so maybe better cutting back to 3mls and 2mls.
I dose weekly (when I remember) and use half of what the bottle suggests. That's using seachem comprehensive or TNC lite, which are basically macro nutrients but no fertiliser. With slow growing plants your regime could be a recipe for algae.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top