• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

• Would probably rarely or never read it

• Total voters
oh well pdf dont sound too hard now then

If it's the same Cute PDF that we have at school, then you just install it, then insted of saving the file you go into print, then select Cute PDF and it saves it to were you choose.

I think it's a great idea. I don't want to do anything, I'd rather read it then write it, but that's ok, if we were all writing it it would be 2000 pages long :)

We could pick a person or two from the membership list and email them a questionaire once a month and make that the featured member, bearing in mind not everyone will respond.
i think that was an idea we already had member inteview :good:

...it wasn't supposed to be a new idea, it was a suggestion on how to do it. We do a similar one at work (which is lame, and sad...) where they send us all a questionaire every month and pick one that's returned completed, obviously with thousands of members that wouldn't work here.

I think it's a great idea. I don't want to do anything, I'd rather read it then write it, but that's ok, if we were all writing it it would be 2000 pages long :)

We could pick a person or two from the membership list and email them a questionaire once a month and make that the featured member, bearing in mind not everyone will respond.
i think that was an idea we already had member inteview :good:

...it wasn't supposed to be a new idea, it was a suggestion on how to do it. We do a similar one at work (which is lame, and sad...) where they send us all a questionaire every month and pick one that's returned completed, obviously with thousands of members that wouldn't work here.
sorry thats a good idea :good:

i think its time for one more bump its getting close to starting up so if anyone else wants to be invovled hurry

I will be online tonight from about 11.pm erm my msn ID is: [email protected] if anyone wants to talk about the layout, mainly pieman and smurfy. :good:

For completeness:

Mission

The TFF newsletter's mission is to provide a tool for the members of the TFF forum by which they can further their enjoyment of the hobby of tropical fishkeeping and expand their knowledge of tropical fishkeeping and the forum.

Title

The title of the TFF Newsletter is to be decided by a vote of the membership and final approval given by the mods and the administrator. The title will appear on the top of the frontpage.

Publishing Staff

The staff of the TFF newsletter is voluntary. Any member may volunteer and participate under the approval of the chief/co-chief publisher(s). Staff volume and publishing deadlines may require temporary limits on who can participate. The staff will consist of either a single chief or co-chief publishers and staff consisting of writers, editors, graphics and non-newsletter staff contributors as desired.

Directorship

The newsletter will be steered by the chief/co-chief publisher(s). The chiefs will be responsible for all decisions made with regards to topics, layout, content, features and also with decision-making with regards to non-staff contributing members. They may also add staff as needed to complete the newsletter for deadline. Removal of a staff member must be discussed with the moderating staff/administration of TFF first (due process). Chiefs should be open to input from their staff and work with them as best as possible. Decisions by the chiefs are final with regards to the newsletter format/content. Should conflict arise, see below.

Work Format

During publication, the newsletter work platform (eg, Word file, .pdf) is to be decided upon by the newsletter staff. The platform used must be available for view and work by those working on the publication, except for contributors who are not on the newsletter staff. Contributing writers who are not on staff who submit material should be able to approve a final draft of any material they wrote that has been edited.

Content

The newsletter should be brief, informative, colorful but not necessarily flashy. Font should be easily legible. Administration suggests perhaps five departments/sections with links near the top of the newsletter for rapid bookmarking. Suggested departments may include:

1) Feature article
2) Member interview/member profile
3) Tank of the month
4) Product review
5) Animal/invert feature
6) Humor section
7) How I do it
8) TFF forum website tips
9) others

This is not inclusive and topics can be added or rotated. All content must avoid using material and/or photographs that are copyrighted. Permission must be obtained to use any content that is not owned by the person contributing the article. The newsletter must be devoid of abusive or vulgar language or any content offensive to race, background, color, creed or religion. Controversial topics involving current events should be avoided (this is a tropical fishforum newsletter).

Deadline

There is no deadline for the initial newsletter however, a quarterly newsletter seems optimal. A basic layout should be available halfway through the newsletter's construction and be made available to mods and administration to avoid unnecessary delays and to maximize the members efforts and enthusiasm. Final approval must be obtained by Williaim prior to publication on the TFF website. William retains the ultimate say with regards to the publication and the newsletter becomes the private property of fishforums.net/TFF.

Conflict/Arbitration

The day to day management of the production of the TFF newsletter is under the jurisdicition of the chief/co-chief editor(s). Should there be any conflict or issue that is unresolvable, the matter will be submitted to the moderators for 'arbitration' and the decision made by the moderators will be final.

I still don't understand in which format it is going to be published.

If we start working in html, unless we take screenshots, pdf is useless, and the same applies to various other formats.

it seems that most people have voted for a blanket e-mail. This is something we will have to look into.

I still strongly vote for blanket email. Everyone has the choice to subscribe (or not) to these kinds of emails through their control panel. Now I'm not saying that TFF needs new members, but I do feel that "old" members receiving such an email, will be reminded of TFF and "pulled back" (even if just temporarily). Not that I'm saying that the intent of the TFF newsletter should be to pull old members back.....

I'm not on about how it's distributed! What format is going to be? html ppt pdf doc? You can't just copy + paste all work into a pm or e-mail. It doesn't work

William has a blanket email method...not sure if it can be tailored to just a sign up list. That can wait till the 1st edition is nearing completion. I would focus on organization of format and software platform, html, .pdf, etc Good luck all. This is gettting a lot of support and interest. SH

Most reactions

Back