Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not sure

• Would probably rarely or never read it

• Total voters
How about having an "open-invite" to send in articles to be considered for publication? Have set guidlines re: length etc, make it clear that not all articles will be published (due to space /quality issues or whatever). That way you'd get a really good variety, be more inclusive, etc.

I voted yes, it's a great idea.
Then "Other", because whilst having a deadline for publication is always a good idea, it should be released only as often as it can be filled with useful/relevant info.
Finally Other. E-mail is a great idea, but I object to unsolicited e-mail from anyone, even a forum such as this which I value. Perhaps an "opt in" setting somewhere.

On another note, I am happy to proof read for spelling, grammar, and writing style. That is of course if it were judged that I am capable. My e-mail address would be available for this purpose and I would be committed to this.

Moving on slightly, I have been researching the chloramination of various areas in the UK. If an article/info sheet on that would be suitable for inclusion, I would be delighted to contribute it.

E-mail is a great idea, but I object to unsolicited e-mail from anyone, even a forum such as this which I value. Perhaps an "opt in" setting somewhere.

That option already exists - and easily seen once you register and fill out the info in your "control panel - options - email settings".

just one additional thought maybe a member group (like the mods have there own group as does William[though to be fair hes the only person in his group]) with a forum only people involved in the newsletter(and mods obviously) can gain access to this would stop mainstream forums getting clogged with discussions about the newsletter

i second these ideas - doable and efficient :good:

edit - third these ideas , pieman beat me to " seconding" them

and steelhealr , with regards to the ideas smurfy put forward ( and i could be way off) after smurfy explaining them to me i think you might have misunderstood. i could be wrong , and forgive me if i am. smurfy was recommending that there be a forum EXCLUSIVELY for newsletter staff , to discuss the newsletter among staff easily and keep it a surprise to other members of the forum. ( i think ) what smurfy meant was a forum accesible only to staff and ( of course ) mods. i hope i havent completely misread the topic and my apologies if i have.

I think it's a great idea. I don't want to do anything, I'd rather read it then write it, but that's ok, if we were all writing it it would be 2000 pages long :)

We could pick a person or two from the membership list and email them a questionaire once a month and make that the featured member, bearing in mind not everyone will respond.

I think it's a great idea. I don't want to do anything, I'd rather read it then write it, but that's ok, if we were all writing it it would be 2000 pages long :)

We could pick a person or two from the membership list and email them a questionaire once a month and make that the featured member, bearing in mind not everyone will respond.
i think that was an idea we already had member inteview :good:

I'd love to see a newsletter, and i'd also be delighted to get involved. Need something fishy to keep me occupied :D

P.T.

ok, if anyone wants to speak to me then my msn is [email protected], i dont really have a specific time but im on there quite often. :)

Updated list:

Chief Publisher
geo7x
bloo

Editing
lljdma06
bloo
Jules H-T
Phantom Thief

Writing
lljdma06
smurfy
bloo
PaulEBS
froggy
jonesyUK
seth
Phantom Thief

Graphics
chishnfips
smurfy
Pieman

General interest in contributing
AMS
furryrabbit
*-*angel*-*
cassie

The newsletter has strong positive feedback and this is going to be a GO. Details will build along the way. As for a dedicated forum 'visible' only to the newsletter staff and mods, THAT I will have to check with admin (William). It certainly would make the staff's job easier with regards to having a single area for all to work. If not, it may be necessary for the pub staff to find a file type that is easiest to work with and visible to all. There are so many things to think about with regards to this. Eg, should the final product be in .pdf format? Not sure. Anyway, I think the newsletter staff is nearing finality.

Once done, we'll move quickly to set up rules/regs, framework...and then....it's all yours. No mod interference except for perhaps a midway check and then final approval (except if help of some sort is needed).

OK..then....whose coming up with a name for the paper? lolol Perhaps that could be polled to the members. SH

hey i have one THE TFF NEWSLETTER:hyper::lol:

also another thought i have (instead of the separate part of this forum) maybe we set up a free forum and use that or even setup a freewebs account and post everything in there also i think a shared email address would be a good idea

Updated list:

Chief Publisher
geo7x
bloo

Editing
lljdma06
bloo
Jules H-T
Phantom Thief

Writing
lljdma06
smurfy
bloo
PaulEBS
froggy
jonesyUK
seth
Phantom Thief

Graphics
chishnfips
smurfy
Pieman

General interest in contributing
AMS
furryrabbit
*-*angel*-*
cassie

The newsletter has strong positive feedback and this is going to be a GO. Details will build along the way. As for a dedicated forum 'visible' only to the newsletter staff and mods, THAT I will have to check with admin (William). It certainly would make the staff's job easier with regards to having a single area for all to work. If not, it may be necessary for the pub staff to find a file type that is easiest to work with and visible to all. There are so many things to think about with regards to this. Eg, should the final product be in .pdf format? Not sure. Anyway, I think the newsletter staff is nearing finality.

Once done, we'll move quickly to set up rules/regs, framework...and then....it's all yours. No mod interference except for perhaps a midway check and then final approval (except if help of some sort is needed).

OK..then....whose coming up with a name for the paper? lolol Perhaps that could be polled to the members. SH
read through this properly i thought to make a pdf you need adobe writer which is expensive (or maybe very very cheap with a crack :shifty: )

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back