• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

• Would probably rarely or never read it

• Total voters
Excellent work sh.

I am disappointed not to see you on the team though. Surely there is room for such a proficient fishkeeper and writer, in some capacity or other?

I'm not on about how it's distributed! What format is going to be? html ppt pdf doc? You can't just copy + paste all work into a pm or e-mail. It doesn't work

I know what you mean pieman, plus we would have to name one person that we send all the pages or things that we design to, who can then load it all up. the best bet would be to make one single pdf and then send it like that to everyone as an attachment in an email, but then you have to worry about file sizes aswell, unless you do HTML but even then it would still need to be set by one person and uploaded would n't it

How sure are we that everyone is capable of reading the pdf format? I still strongly feel that the blanket email method is still the best.

P.T.

i know html and its not easy (because its boring after a while) to produce page after page of html we could do what most othero companys and the like do and send the link to download adobe acrobat reader on the newsletter itself

i know html and its not easy (because its boring after a while) to produce page after page of html we could do what most othero companys and the like do and send the link to download adobe acrobat reader on the newsletter itself

Thats a better idea then you only have on efile that people can download if they want. Plus Acrobat reader is a free program to get if some people dont have it.

Thanks Jules....I"ll be happy to contribute an article later on down the line when you guys are ready. I am also happy to be a liaison between the newsletter and mods, tho', again, this is YOUR project. I think that it is a great opportunity to have some autonomy with the forum and then present a paper to out almost 20,000 members. Although I've helped steer this, this has come to fruition by desire of the members and....importantly...by William's support. He was very gung ho on this project. SH

I would be happy to help out with this,

I would like to write or be one of the editorial staff if possible. or even... ha ha ha Chief publisher

As with this forum you could make a section in the letter per forum and a writer per forum if there is enough,

e.g.

I think you should have a html and a pdf format for this as most people can access this site from work as Big brother is watching but they can download it and email it to their work email address.

My back gorund is ICT administration and Webdesign if this will also help.

Not to sure if you have a moderators site in here in the back ground but if you do thenyou could also have a editorial site in the background for the editorial staff to post ideas and plans for the newsletter.

I could set up a share point server so people can work on the same documents at the same time and see the whole thing come together over the months.

well the share points server sounds good but we'll have to wait and see if steelhealr adds you to the staff list sounds like you have a strong ict backgrounds and would be of alot of use
also we have an external forums set up for the staff and once you have been confirmed as staff from steelhealr ill pm you the link

Thanks Jules....I"ll be happy to contribute an article later on down the line when you guys are ready. I am also happy to be a liaison between the newsletter and mods, tho', again, this is YOUR project. I think that it is a great opportunity to have some autonomy with the forum and then present a paper to out almost 20,000 members. Although I've helped steer this, this has come to fruition by desire of the members and....importantly...by William's support. He was very gung ho on this project. SH

Excellent, I think that makes you our first Consultant, doesn't it?

Join up at the php site mate, and have a look around.

Do not let your status as a mod here prevent you from getting your teeth stuck into this with alongside everyone else. We need your input, not least to ensure we present something appropriate to William.

well, it may be on most peoples' computers, but some people dont have very fast, modern computers and acrobat reader can fail to load or even crash on a slow, older computer. i used to have this problem but now i have a new computer. Actually, it might depend on whether you have broadband/dial up, im not sure.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back