TFF annual get together

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Syon park is a nice place. Its my regular fish shop. Dunno about that butterfly house :S

Problem is its in the middle of no-where.

Once you've found gillette corner, your nearly there. Just straight down.

I dont live too far from there either (just the other side of Twickenham) but i dont think the Aquatic Experience in Syon park is big enough nor does it have many tanks to hold peoples interest,though its worth a visit if anyones in the area ( could all pop a couple of miles down the road to my local for a damn good drink though :lol: )

DG if MA at syon park is your local shop you must have more money than sense,that shop is seriously over priced (tried selling me a 2" arowana for £65 :lol: ).Have you tried Ashford Aquatics over in Stanwell moor?Its in Vermulens garden centre near the airport and is a lot cheaper,staff are more friendly too (not just after your money).

I think the LA idea is best,if anyone does make the trip down south it makes it a little more worth while and public transport is better for getting into central London.

CFC - I'm actually over in Hayes. Only reason why i go to syon is cos they've got a decent selection of african cichlids.

But i'll check out Ashford Aquatics maybe 2morw.

The other place i go is waterlife in Colnbrook.

Any other aquatics in this area you know of?

Cheers

DG

-=DG=- said:
The other place i go is waterlife in Colnbrook.
Grrr :grr: the Waterlife shop in colnebrook is the only shop in the area which stocks painted fish,for this reason i do/will not use that shop,they also keep their bettas in thos tiny 1 gallon bowls with no filter or heater and to top it off they often give false information,ive heard one guy telling a customer that a clown knife fish would be fine for his 180 litre community tank and when i bought my black shark i had a bit of fun and pretended i knew nothing about the fish,the guy told me that that they only get as big as the rtbs and rainbow sharks :eek: :eek: :lol: (they can get to 24")

We are quite lucky in the area we live in as there are loads of fish shops all within a few miles,have you tried Funky fish in Sipson?Not a brilliant shop but they do sometimes have a few unusuals in,there other branch in Shepperton is better but is a git to find.MA have a branch in Osterley in the Wyevale garden centre there but ive not visited it yet and they have one in Charlton village (near sunbury) which is good for some of the bigger,rarer fish and stocks a lot of very nice L# plecs.

I sometimes use Maidenhead Aq in either Syon Park or the one in Osterley, they quite often get the unusual stuff in stock.

Osterley have a nice selection of discus and general community fish. They are now starting malawi.

Yeah waterlife was the shop i was going on about in the 'fis dyed' thread. Those guys over there are a bunch of n0bs. I was there 2 days ago to buy some dafnia. Those poor fighters looked so miserable in them containers :( They're in it for the money :grr:

We should do a top and bottom lists of all peeps fave lfs so we don't have to go anywhere that isn't anygood it would also give us some places to visit when we go visiting relatives :D

Hey CFC i went to those two shops (ashford and funky fish). Not bad shops. I thought the prices were roughly the same (some higher). But they did have a nice selection of red tops (which i'll have to buy :))

I know ashford aquatics aswell thats where i go fishing) :lol: .... nice bunch of people and freindly...im over in feltham.nd me and my other half will be up for a pint or two or three :devil:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back