Text changing font

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
When I type a message, thread or post, the text font will change by itself and some of the text will be one font and the rest in a different font. This has been going on since the new site started. Below are a couple of examples.

post #6

post #4

Must be goblins or gremlins in your computer
Computer_Gremlin_thumb7305142140_std9480848_std.98221702_std.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure what would be causing this. You can try disabling BBCODE all together and see if that makes a difference.

bbcode.png

This is still going on. I am also having issues when I copy & paste some text into the window. It looks normal when I do it but after I post it, the text that was copy & pasted causes lots of line spaces to occur all over the page and I have to go back and remove the spaces. It's like someone has hit the enter key 5-10 times before and after everything that is copy & pasted in.

For dascrow, I don't know what bbcode is. All I know is this new software is crap compared to the old version.

Weird. What brand of computer do you have? (Or do you use a computer?)

I use an Acer Aspire 7, laptop, that is about 12 months old. It has Windows 10 and I used Microsofty Edge web browser.

Hmmm...on my Lenovo ThinkPad T470s I don’t have that problem. And it runs on a Windows program.

I do have some issues when I do copy and paste when I set up the contests. Sometimes the attributes are not copied properly. And as Colin noted, sometimes extras line skipping occurs. For me it is not a big issue but for Colin, who copies and pastes more often, I can see it being more of a problem.

We just applied another update to the site, let me know if you are still having an issue.

Still having issues.

The following link was normal when I typed it but after posting it went funny. Post #10.

Are you typing part of the message in some type of text editor and then copying and pasting that into the forum?

On the above link I simply typed all the response in. The only thing I copied & pasted was the dotted line ------------ . I made the first dotted line in the response window where the rest of the text was, and then copied it and pasted it below the pictus catfish comments.

The entire thing was done in the reply window of this forum.

This is getting out of hand. I just replied to a post and the part where it says the member's name got completely screwed up. I hit reply to post #43 at the following link and then typed in my response. You can see the outcome at the 2 following pictures.

Attachments

• fish forum bug 4march2020.jpg
    fish forum bug 4march2020.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 138
  • fish forum bug 4march2020a.jpg
    fish forum bug 4march2020a.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 95
This is what it looked like before it got screwed up.

For some reason, it decided to change the person's name (backinthefold) and do a search for "the fold London".

Attachments

• fish forum bug 4march2020b.jpg
    fish forum bug 4march2020b.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 136

Most reactions

Back