Tell me something funny

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Its on antenna tv as well as free streaming sites

Screenshot_20230624_165606_Instagram.jpg

Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra was known as much for his wit as for his Hall of Fame baseball talents. His "yogi-isms" are some of the most well-known quotes around, even if you didn't know they came from Yogi.
But witty quotes are not the only thing worth remembering about Yogi Berra. At only 5'8" tall, he was none the less a giant of a man. Yogi left school after 8th grade to help provide for his family, who was barely living above the poverty level. Later in life, he served his country bravely in World War and was part of the D-Day invasion of France.

When it comes to the game of baseball, Yogi is on the shortlist of lifetime achievements. A three-time MVP, he was perhaps the most dangerous lifetime .285 hitter in baseball history, playing in 75 World Series games with a base hit in an amazing 71 of them. As a manager, he took both the New York Yankees and New York Mets to the World Series. But aside from all of Berra's accomplishments on and off the baseball diamond, he may be best known for some of the greatest quotes in American lexicon.

While there are many, here our Top 20 Yogisms:​

1. "When you come to a fork in the road.... take it."
  2. "You can observe a lot by just watching."
  3. "It ain't over till it's over."
  4. "We made too many wrong mistakes."
  5. "No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded."
  6. "I always thought the record would stand until it was broken."
  7. "Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too."
  8. "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
  9. "Pair up in threes."
  10. "You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there."
  11. "The future ain’t what it used to be."
  12. "I usually take a two-hour nap from 1 to 4."
  13. "If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be."
  14. "You don’t have to swing hard to hit a home run. If you got the timing, it’ll go."
  15. "Ninety percent of the game is half mental."
  16. "Never answer an anonymous letter."
  17. "Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel."
  18. "Take it with a grin of salt."
  19. "It gets late early out here."
  20. "I never said most of the things I said."

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back