Help me add more fish to my website!

ambrosia0435 15

Fish Crazy
Joined
Mar 17, 2026
Messages
217
Reaction score
162
Points
43
Location
Andalusia, Spain
Hi! I know it's not perfect but I like adding all the fish I can in my website!
If you see some are missing or something is wrong please tell me so I can fix it! I know these kinds of websites can never be correct, but it's a fun project for me, I even have the disclaimer on top to not follow it blinfly hahah

If you have entered before please do a Ctrl + F5 in Windows/Linux or Cmd + Shift + R on Mac so it forces the js to load hahaha
 
So how does it work? I chose a species I know well to verify your information, and nothing happened. All I got were pictures.

I used to get paid well for projects like that. I edited the info side of "CD books" back when they were a thing. I didn't think that tech would last, but the money was good. Those days are behind us.

What are the sources of your photos, and are the photographers credited and renumerated if that's what they want? You'd need clearance from the photog to run those, would you not? That's been a big issue with such projects in the past - what's perceived as photo theft. I'm not a photographer, but the ones I know are constantly on the lookout for their work being pirated.
 
So how does it work? I chose a species I know well to verify your information, and nothing happened. All I got were pictures.

I used to get paid well for projects like that. I edited the info side of "CD books" back when they were a thing. I didn't think that tech would last, but the money was good. Those days are behind us.

What are the sources of your photos, and are the photographers credited and renumerated if that's what they want? You'd need clearance from the photog to run those, would you not? That's been a big issue with such projects in the past - what's perceived as photo theft. I'm not a photographer, but the ones I know are constantly on the lookout for their work being pirated.
You need to add them and it'll tell you the ph range, size for the tank... Example after selecting the fish and clicking add:
1783083539378.webp

You can change the size of the tank on top.

I'm not profiting so I thought it was ok, I'll look through the photos I already have and put only the ones with Creative Commons licenses, thanks! It's gonna be a hassle with more than the 3000 photos it's going to have, should I put a CC tab with all the info? Or does it have to be next to / in the photo itself?
Ngl, if this is not an option I may remove the pictures even if I thought they are a cool adittion and just look for the ones in the other tabs
I can put an information bit at the footer and say that if anyone wants their photo taking down they can contact me? Still doesn't make it legal tho but idk
 
Last edited:
There are so many different copyright laws in so many different countries. I know of sites that take everyone's fish photos and ignore the complaints of the people who create that content. They get away with it because you need money to hire lawyers. But eventually, someone with money may be able to fight back.

It's a hassle all around. I'm on the side of the creators as I've had an entire book I wrote republished under another writer's name in a country with different copyright laws. My publisher said the legal costs would be too much, and unfortunately, I could see their point.

You have the best intentions, but the online world can be a minefield.
 
There are so many different copyright laws in so many different countries. I know of sites that take everyone's fish photos and ignore the complaints of the people who create that content. They get away with it because you need money to hire lawyers. But eventually, someone with money may be able to fight back.

It's a hassle all around. I'm on the side of the creators as I've had an entire book I wrote republished under another writer's name in a country with different copyright laws. My publisher said the legal costs would be too much, and unfortunately, I could see their point.

You have the best intentions, but the online world can be a minefield.
What do you suggest I do, take all the fish pictures down?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top