Tell me something funny

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ahh I used to feed them to the goats when I was an animal keeper a few years ago, I always just called it animal feed lol
I often went riding at my cousin's stables and at a local riding school and it made me shudder when I saw people holding a pony nut in their mouth and passing it to their pony or horse as a treat....knowing what I knew as to where they came from and what was in them :sick:

I often went riding at my cousin's stables and at a local riding school and it made me shudder when I saw people holding a pony nut in their mouth and passing it to their pony or horse as a treat....knowing what I knew as to where they came from and what was in them :sick:
I love most animals but horses I never liked. Nothing against the people who like them but I just personally don’t see them as ‘pets’.

I had a couple of dogs and one was a Papillon. They are the second smallest breed of dog and are only slightly bigger than a chihuahua. The council tried to declare her dangerous claiming she bit a ranger's finger and drew blood. I told the ranger to fuplie off because my dog doesn't have the jaw strength to draw blood. Proof is below.

Mine was a lap dog but also a hunting dog and went after anything that moved. One day I found her outside sitting on top of a dove (bird). She was chewing on its neck and trying to bite its head off. The dog was only slightly bigger than the bird but she was lying on top of this bird chewing away on its neck trying to remove its head.

About an hour later I said walkies, and the big dog (Kelpie x) hops up ready to go for a walk. I look at the Papillon and say "Are you coming for a walk?". She looks at me. Looks at the bird. Looks at me again. Gives the bird one last bite and gets up to go for her walk.

I pick the dove up and carry it outside and put it on the ground. It is covered in drool and the feathers are all squished to the skin. I step back and the bird looks around, stands up, shakes itself off and flies away.

The dog spent over an hour trying to bite this bird's head off and did nothing to it except make the feather gross and slimy. I'm sure the little dog was thinking, "I've seen the big dog do this plenty of times, why won't its head come off?" :)

-------------------
Another time she was catching grasshoppers with her paws. She would lift her paw to see if she got it and grasshopper would jump away, so she would jump after it. It went on for about an hour with her putting her paw on them and lifting it to check if she got it.

-------------------
Someone left a beer bottle cap on the park one day and I could hear this clink clink clink noise as I walked along. I checked the bottom of my boots but nothing there. I walked on a bit further and clink clink clink. I stopped and checked again, nothing. Walked on further and clink clink clink. I stopped and so did the kelpie but the Papillon kept walking and so did the clink clink clink noise. She had picked up the bottle cap and it was stuck on her back foot and she was walking around normally with a metal shoe made from a bottle cap.

I left it on her for about half an hour and everyone at the dog park was going "What's that noise?" I eventually told them and they picked the dog up and took it off her foot. They were all laughing but trying to give me a hard time calling me mean for leaving it on. But it was funny, a little dog wearing beer bottle cap tap shoes.

-------------------
The Kelpie was a natural hunter and would literally stalk things just like tigers and other big cats do. She would spend 30 minutes just moving 10 meters to get closer to her target. She could crouch down or crawl on her belly. She was very good and very patient when it came to hunting. There were times when she would stand perfectly still for 5-10 minutes just waiting for the prey item to look away.

One day we were at the park and she had been stalking a couple of ducks for about 20 minutes. She was about 10 meters from them and getting closer. Then this little white flash goes racing past her and straight at the ducks. It was the Papillon who had no patience to stalk anything and just raced straight into the ducks causing them to fly off.

The Kelpie looks across at her and you could almost see her shake her head and said "fuplie idot".

-------------------
Final one for the Papillon. We were out walking one night and the dogs used to chase cats. We were on the footpath and the Papillon saw this big ugly Persian thing sitting on the front veranda. The Papillon went up the driveway and growled at this cat trying to get it to run. The cat was easily twice the size of the dog but it wasn't stopping her. She wanted that cat to run so she could chase it.

The Kelpie looks across and says "No, too much trouble"

The Papillon is bouncing around this cat growling at it trying to get it to run. It was like the cartoon with the big dog and little dog chasing Sylvester the cat into the shed and there is a tiger in there. The little dog goes in and says it's just a little cat, go get him. The big dog goes in and gets mauled by a tiger.

The cat has had enough and gets up, arches its back and hisses at the dog. The dog growls back and the cat takes a swipe at it. I whistle for the dog who comes back to me but the cat follows. This cat is following us down the road for several hundred meters growling at the dog and taking swipes at it. The Kelpie is off walking up the front going, "I ain't dealing with this". The Papillon is walking backwards growling at the cat and trying to avoid being swiped by it.

I'm wetting myself laughing trying to shoe this cat away and it starts growling and hissing at me. Then it starts swiping at me. The Kelpie looks back and says "fuplie this, you lot pulled it, you lot deal with it". I can barely see through the tears of laughter and the Papillon is still trying to get this cat to run.

A few minutes later and this cat swipes my leg so I take my thong (flipflop for the Americans) off and swat the cat on the head. It swipes back and tries to bite me, so I swat it a few more times before it backs off. But the bloody Papillon still kept going it trying to get it to run.

Eventually it stopped following us and by that time the Kelpie was half way up the street and I'm carrying the Papillon to stop her trying to get the cat to run.

She was a beautiful dog but totally obsessed when it came to chasing things.

Last edited:
Feeding vegetarian animals on animal products. People still haven't learnt from mad cow disease that was started by feeding cattle cow parts that weren't used by people. :(
Not everyone knows what pony nuts are made of......alot of people assume they are some sort of mashed up veggie protein thing

Now...we all know the smell of ammonia right?

Where I used to take my loaded trailers of unfit for human consumption waste from slaughterhouses and human food processing plants (such as the chicken factory where breast fillets, legs, wings etc are processed - no fowl can have more than one cut so if the order being filled is for wings, the rest of the bird is binned into the trailer as waste), I would have to reverse the trailer into various sections of the holding warehouse and drop the individual loads...heads & feet, carcass and feather...with a seperate tank for blood.

The feather was dropped into an airlocked area of the plant. The piles of raw feather would always be wet and they literally burnt your nose with the smell of ammonia as they rotted down. From the piles of feather a bulldozer loaded them into giant ovens where the feathers would be cooked, the end product was the brown talcum powder like stuff that then went to another plant to be processed with the various mixed animal bloods into pony nuts/animal feed.

2C15079A-B5FB-4760-9E4E-512D32795F31.jpeg
This is how my dog sleeps. XD

When I walked into work this morning, a dryer sheet fell out of my pants...is that funny?

Must have been that peculiar itch I felt on the drive in....

One time me and my friend were going down a school hallway, returning from a small job... She was talking to me and then I looked up and saw a metal post in the middle of the hallway (for the doors that were open)... Well I kept walking and started looking at her put my hand up and slapped it on the post and went: "AGH! MY HEAD!" She started freaking out! She was like: "OH MY GOSH! ARE YOU OK?" I started laugjing and looked up at her and she was like: "Oh come on man... You really got me on that one"
I do it to a lot of people and if I do say so myself, I'm pretty darn good at making it look like I ran into something hard 😂.
But I only do it when its appropriate.

A man was driving through a rural town one afternoon when he spotted a barber shop. Having time on his hands, he decided to stop and get a trim. As he sat in the barber chair facing towards the street, he noticed a rabbit hop out of the woods on the far side of the road.

The rabbit paused at the edge of the road for a few seconds and then ventured onto the street. Unfortunately, the rabbit did not notice the pickup truck coming down the road. As the man watched in horror the rabbit hopped right into the path of the truck and was run over.

As the rabbit lay quivering in the road, the man turned to the barber and asked, “Is there anything you can do for that poor animal?” Where upon the barber ran over to his shelf of bottles and lotions, selected two bottles and a small cup, and ran out of the shop with them.

The man watched from the barber chair as the barber knelt over the motionless rabbit and uncapped one bottle and poured some of whatever was in it into the cup. Then the barber opened the second bottle and poured some of it into the cup as well. Then he lifted the rabbit’s head and poured some of what was in the cup into the rabbit’s mouth and laid the rabbit’s head back down.

The barber then returned to the shop and began to cut the man’s hair where had had left off. As the man watched the rabbit, it suddenly jumped to its feet, shook its head and took two hops toward the woods, stopped, turned towards the shop lifted a paw and waved. The rabbit then turned back towards the woods, hopped twice and again stopped, turned and waved. This was repeated until the rabbit disappeared into the woods.

The man was absolutely astonished by what he had just witnessed. He said to the barber, “That was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. What was in the cup you gave to the rabbit?”

The barber replied, “Nothing special. It was two parts hair restorer and one part permanent wave.”

When I was a kid we lived in a house where it was really easy to take the windows out all the way. I had a friend who was really good at thinking up stupid things to do and he really came through one time. We took the windows out in my bedroom and set up my Estes flying model rocket launcher on the floor. We carefully angled it so the rocket would fly out the window. Just as we launched my Dad came driving up and saw it fly out the window. My whole room was filled with black powder smoke and stunk like sulphur. Dad threw open the door and asked if I flew a rocket out of the house and I said no. Guess what that smart answer got me ? Yep, a royal chewing out and running around in circles in my little room while he tried to swat me. My good buddy laughed but my old man called his and he got it too.

Okay, so my cat Jax is the weirdest cat I've ever met. For one, he will stare at you while you go to the washroom and then will run over to the toilet to watch it flush. He's also rubber so he contorts into the weirdest positions and likes to explore odd places. Sorry in advance for the all the photos I couldn't choose just one!

toiletinspector.jpg

paintmelikeoneofyourfrenchcats.jpg

how.jpg
theclimb.jpg
Jax.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that when Jax was a kitten he would go in-between the shower curtains (behind the clear one) and watch you shower. He's very much a velcro cat who follows me literally everywhere. He's also quite comfortable on your shoulders and will sometimes jump up on them if you're ignoring him.

birdcat.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back