Tank ready to go...?!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ClaireG

Reaction score
So for the last 3 weeks I have been preparing my tank... tank bought, built stand... water added, plants added, decor added. So I think I may be nearly ready to add the first fish! Any advice or thoughts on what you can see so far?

Attachments

• 8FF0A72B-7854-4011-9D41-623536A0592E.jpeg
    8FF0A72B-7854-4011-9D41-623536A0592E.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 38
coool! plan on planting the ludwiga or keep in pot?
whats your tank size and the width length height?
how much flow?
ammonia:
no2:
no3:
hardness
kh
ph

fish you wish to have:

Have you cycled the filter or are you doing a fish in cycle?
Cycling the filter is where you add a source of ammonia and let beneficial filter bacteria grow and convert the ammonia, into nitrite and then nitrate. It takes around 4-6 weeks to cycle a tank, with or without fish in.

Well I wasn’t sure what to do in terms of keeping in the pot or planting! What do you suggest? I kept in the pot for that reason. Ammonia is 0.5 as of 2 days ago so I think that’s okay. Water is 6.7ph ... I have a really good fish store where I bought the tank etc and they said to take a sample of the water to them tomorrow to check if it’s okay to add fish yet. I have to say that is the bit that somewhat confuses me!
The tank is 125 litre and 3ft by 1.5 litre approx (sorry UK measurements!)

Have you cycled the filter or are you doing a fish in cycle?
Cycling the filter is where you add a source of ammonia and let beneficial filter bacteria grow and convert the ammonia, into nitrite and then nitrate. It takes around 4-6 weeks to cycle a tank, with or without fish in.
I was going to add 6 zebra danios to start off the cycle and then go from there..

Fish wise... start with Zebra danios then guppy’s, I would eventually like Corys and some shrimps and one or two pleco’s

Your tank isn’t cycled if you are still seeing Ammonia readings. What are your other water parameters?

I was going to add 6 zebra danios to start off the cycle and then go from there..
Please don’t cycle your tank with live fish, it will cycle just fine without fish, too cruel.

It will cycle in six to eight weeks, make sure you have filtration flow ten times the water volume and don’t clean the media unless it is clogged. Taking time now will prevent future issues.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back