They can recover, by removing as much of the damaged tissue, as you have done. I couldn't tell you what type of vallis mine is, other than it isnt spiralis.
If your valis grew the new runners and plantlets, then that tells me it can thrive, and its perhaps what came out of the root tabs over a short amount of time that spoiled them.
Not having a go at you for the choice of root tabs, but I've seen another member here have issues when they went for a budget option. If you do get root tabs, which you should, I'd recommend investing in something like Seachem's. I use TNC root plugs but that's because I'm UK based. The premium brand tabs release nutrients over a longer period of time, and i think what may have happened is that yours have leached all at once and burned the roots out. Hopefully thats it and they'll recover over the next few months. :good:

They can recover, by removing as much of the damaged tissue, as you have done. I couldn't tell you what type of vallis mine is, other than it isnt spiralis.
If your valis grew the new runners and plantlets, then that tells me it can thrive, and its perhaps what came out of the root tabs over a short amount of time that spoiled them.
Not having a go at you for the choice of root tabs, but I've seen another member here have issues when they went for a budget option. If you do get root tabs, which you should, I'd recommend investing in something like Seachem's. I use TNC root plugs but that's because I'm UK based. The premium brand tabs release nutrients over a longer period of time, and i think what may have happened is that yours have leached all at once and burned the roots out. Hopefully thats it and they'll recover over the next few months. :good:
I usually use Seachem, but ran out and had the budget ones on hand ^_^ guess Ive learned my lesson! hopefully they recover.
image.jpg
777486F4-307C-4662-A1D4-FC3C70DCF6C1.jpeg
883150E3-F7E7-472C-87AE-960E902E03B2.jpeg

Giant Vallis is a crap plant that does not belong in tropical aquariums. It requires deep cool water with a pH above 7.0. It suffers when moved from cold water ponds into tropical tanks. Hornwort is another plant that has this problem.

If you want Vallis, get narrow or twisted Vallis and leave giant Vallis in ponds where it belongs.

-----------------
Plants don't have a problem with bright light, it's low light that causes them trouble.

I transitioned hornwort from my local creek to a holding tank. Now it is quite happy and settled in my betta tanks :)

New growth! They look much better, whatever the reason. I know eventually I’ll need a root tab. Besides the Seachem ones, is there other brands that work well? Thank you everyone for all the help!
92C3F265-AE65-48DE-B1A0-355FFFCF6E69.jpeg
AF9C292B-14BE-4E06-8218-1F13BE48B187.jpeg
1EEB7B99-3046-4B3E-8E41-86C1377A94DD.jpeg

New growth! They look much better, whatever the reason. I know eventually I’ll need a root tab. Besides the Seachem ones, is there other brands that work well? Thank you everyone for all the help!
View attachment 123701View attachment 123702View attachment 123703
They're looking a nice healthy shade of green :D

I use "TNC plugs" but they're a small UK based company and not sure if you can get them over there. I'd probably be getting the Seachem ones if I were you

I've read that the Seachem root tabs don't release nutrients into the water column, which some cheap brands do. We have a member who used a cheap brand and that resulted in a high nitrite level in the water.

I've read that the Seachem root tabs don't release nutrients into the water column, which some cheap brands do. We have a member who used a cheap brand and that resulted in a high nitrite level in the water.
Okay, thank you!! :lol:

Thank you so much to everyone who helped! The plants are looking so much better now, and sending off more runners than I can count! :lol:
05A249DC-874D-4A8B-915A-E7286852796C.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back