Stress Zyme+ Vs Seachem Stability?

Personally, I just found that it was so fascinating that these two relatively simple procedures, the Fishless Cycle and the Fish-In Cycle could be followed and that as a newcomer to the hobby (or returning hobbyists (or "Re-Beginner" as I enjoyed calling myself)) could plug along getting feedback from their tests and not really using extras like starters or such and eventually find they have a healthy established biofilter. Looking back, I really found the learning involved to be much more important to me than simply racing to make my tank established and behaving the way it will for years to come. The part -before- it is established, the few weeks or months or whatever is often the -only- time you get the hands on feel for what the biofilter is all about - to me it just seems like there is something about this simple accomplishment for the freshwater aquarist that cements their understanding. I'm not saying one should be willfully bored... I don't know, I'm just trying to describe my own feelings about how it can help you learn in a deeper way. The additives complicate the question and threaten to take away that simple leaning episode if you've never had it before - this is why my vote goes for a simple household ammonia add and wait Fishless Cycle for a beginner whenever possible.

~~waterdrop~~ :D

I agree with you. I was just looking for something to benefit an aquarium not replace the cycle. Nothing can replace a proper cycle! Alot less fish would die if people would do proper research first and stop thinking "they will be ok"

Seachem Stability gets my vote, added 500ml to my rio 350 once set up all live stock happy after a month in :good:

Once you have a cycled tank, there is no need for additives. If you count my outdoor summer tub I have 27 of those running with no additives ever.
Until you have a cycled tank, feel free to add any nostrum that you wish, the tanks all seem to cycle anyway so the stuff probably does no harm.

Yes, I am like OM47. My tanks run simply with water changes. I continue to be at times astounded at how crystal clear they are and at how healthy the fish are. When I was young years ago and had many tanks I simply did not know the power of regular water changes and simple regular cleaning maintenance. The only chemical that makes it in to my tanks now are a few drops of Prime now and then when I've been enjoying doing a particularly long gravel cleaning and the amount of tap water going back in will be quite large. The same darn little bottle of Prime that I bought years ago is still serving me. Sometimes I shake my head when I pass the huge bottle section in a pet shop.

Even for plants I have come to feel that the simple regular water change habit is something of a miracle. It takes some years I think to get the feel of this but in my case it is a feeling that has become stronger.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back