Stocking question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fish are being suggested, but the water parameters have not been stated, at least not that I can find going back through this thread. "Perfect" parameters is mentioned, but what does that mean? What is the GH and pH of the source water?

Only non-parameter comment so far is on the Corydoras habrosus...in this large a tank (to the cories) a larger group will be better for the fish and you. A group of 20-25, leaning towards the higher number. Assuming you have sand substrate.
Hi Byron,

I did wonder where you were lol

So params are 0a 0n 20n
PH is around 7.5 (with intro of RO)

So currently I do a 50/50 tap to RO to soften the GH, which was at 25, but now site between 9-10

I intend to do same with big tank, allow me to reach some sort of happy meduim with habrosus and endlers.

Hi Byron,

I did wonder where you were lol

So params are 0a 0n 20n
PH is around 7.5 (with intro of RO)

So currently I do a 50/50 tap to RO to soften the GH, which was at 25, but now site between 9-10

I intend to do same with big tank, allow me to reach some sort of happy meduim with habrosus and endlers.

OK. With a GH of 9 or 10 dH, you are fine for most soft water species (a few exceptions maybe), and the Endlers will be OK, but avoid other livebearers (the larger platies, mollies, swordtails). Corydoras habrosus is native to the upper Rio Orinoco basin in Colombia and Venezuela, found in small creeks in large groups around vegetation, roots and fallen branches. I am going from memory, but the GH and pH is not as low here as it is in the Amazon basin, generally, so this should be OK.

BTW, just so you know, "parameters" refers only to GH, KH, pH and temperature. "Conditions" refers to ammonia, nitrite, nitrate (and some other things). Helps us to know what's what. :fish:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back