Stocking question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It's hardly fair to include the cherry shrimp in that calc. You could keep 30 cherries in a 10 gallon comfortably. I had an unfiltered 3 gallon bowl with maybe 15 cherry shrimp in it no problem. 52 fish in a 50 gallon tank isn't too bad. One thing I do notice about this stocking list is most of the fish are midwater.
Just my opinion. Still 52 fish, even if they do not prroduce a lot of waste. Will be very crowded imo.

Ok, so rather than everyone telling me what not to do, why dont people advise what they think for stock and what fish to keep?I agree it seems to much, I just used it as a quide. I wouldnt put 30 shrimp in, but you have got to think they will grow in number quickly.

A lot of videos I have watched continuously mention filteration as the single biggest factor for keeping a well stocked fishtank

At present, my Endlers stay high and my tetras mid. What would be the best mix to add, im happy to drop in number if it benefits the fish

1643285536947.png

ok based on this, im asumming you like these 6 species. I would proberbly say the shrimp may be might be snakes for some of the schooling fish once they get larger (definatly the babies would be eaten). I would say the corys are a good choice for a bottom dweller, then I would pick 2 to 3 of the other mid water swimmers. I've kept all of them minus endler and the ones I had teh most fun with wear cherry bard nice colour, fun personality. I also really like Harlequin Rasbora, they are another good schooling fish.

If I was in your possition, I would keep the cories, the cherry bard and the rasbora. (that being 32 fish) and then maybe a centerpiece fish that is pecful.
I like to under stock my tanks just to make it easier and more relaxing and I think with that group you would get a nice active tank with lovly colour

I hope my input is helpful
ember

View attachment 153025
ok based on this, im asumming you like these 6 species. I would proberbly say the shrimp may be might be snakes for some of the schooling fish once they get larger (definatly the babies would be eaten). I would say the corys are a good choice for a bottom dweller, then I would pick 2 to 3 of the other mid water swimmers. I've kept all of them minus endler and the ones I had teh most fun with wear cherry bard nice colour, fun personality. I also really like Harlequin Rasbora, they are another good schooling fish.

If I was in your possition, I would keep the cories, the cherry bard and the rasbora. (that being 32 fish) and then maybe a centerpiece fish that is pecful.
I like to under stock my tanks just to make it easier and more relaxing and I think with that group you would get a nice active tank with lovly colour

I hope my input is helpful
ember
Thanks @ember04 , that was helpful information
I already have endlers and neons, so they would have to stay, boosting the both there numbers is a given in this case. So which of the two mid-dwelling Barbs or Rasbora would work better with shrimp?

I was thinking I dont need to double up on Endlers, its just they are playful and very active.

So list that will be a def is

10 x neons
5-10 x Endlers
10-12 x habrosus
10 x shrimp (which will expand rapidly)
**fill in the blanks**
**fill in the blanks**

If there are other options outside cherry barbs and Harlequin Rasbora, then I am open to it. Dont want to exceed 2inches in single size

Right im sacking off the barbs, I thought cherrys were peaceful but lots of reports of potential fin nipping, so ill go with Harlequin Rasbora

10 x Endlers
12 x Habrosus
12 x Neons
12 x Rasboras
10 x shrimp

Does this seem like a better stocking list?

Perhaps drop the number of endlers, as they would be reproducing fast. Do you want a top water fish? Maybe Marbled Hatchetfish? It will be very crowded in the middle.

Perhaps drop the number of endlers, as they would be reproducing fast. Do you want a top water fish? Maybe Marbled Hatchetfish? It will be very crowded in the middle.
I will only be keeping male endlers.

What about 10 x neons and 10 x Rasboras? Is there any other options for mid-tank that are around 1.5inchs big?

The stocking above looks pretty good to me. The high numbers are more a matter of aesthetics. This is a 50 gallon tank, correct? It should be OK.

If you want an interesting and easy bottom dweller, look into getting a few panda garra.

Around that size for mid water:

Ember tetra more like one inche
Black or green neon tetra
Flame tetra

The stocking above looks pretty good to me. The high numbers are more a matter of aesthetics. This is a 50 gallon tank, correct? It should be OK.

If you want an interesting and easy bottom dweller, look into getting a few panda garra.
I can sit and watch my fish for hours, so the more I have the happier I will be, but obviously not at the cost of poor conditions for the fish. This will be a 50us gallon, so 200 litres

As I said previous, I currently have 18 fish in my 12 gallon, so think even tripling this number would be work in the new tank. I am happy just keeping the habrosus on the bottom, along with some shrimp. The middle may be a little crowded, but I want both species to have at least 10 in number for there own social community

I can sit and watch my fish for hours, so the more I have the happier I will be, but obviously not at the cost of poor conditions for the fish. This will be a 50us gallon, so 200 litres

As I said previous, I currently have 18 fish in my 12 gallon, so think even tripling this number would be work in the new tank. I am happy just keeping the habrosus on the bottom, along with some shrimp. The middle may be a little crowded, but I want both species to have at least 10 in number for there own social community
If thats what you want go ahead!

Has anyone had any experience with

Celestial Pearl Danio​

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back