Stocking question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Easily available? Dont think ive ever seen them in my LFS. And are they hardy?
Not sure about availability in the UK....but in a tank that size, you'd rarely see them, they'd mostly hide from their much larger tankmates

The biggest fish I would be keeping is no larger than 2inchs, so I dont think they will be scaring anyone lol

Does anyone know if Zebra Danio's will be happy in 75-77 degree water? I like them, always have, but know they like the colder side of 70s

The biggest fish I would be keeping is no larger than 2inchs, so I dont think they will be scaring anyone lol

Does anyone know if Zebra Danio's will be happy in 75-77 degree water? I like them, always have, but know they like the colder side of 70s
Zebras do like cooler water, but they'll do OK at 75. Not ideal, but OK. The thing about zebras is that they're really active. I mean, REALLY active. Think kindergartners hopped up on Halloween candy. They're peaceful enough if you keep them in big groups, but their sheer activity level can cause more bashful species to take cover. I really wouldn't advise them in a tank like you're setting up.

This is driving me mad lol
What I want is a colourful, mid-dwelling fish that isnt orange and looks like a guppy 🤣

If it fits in a fish's mouth, it's food....they don't discriminate

Easily available? Dont think ive ever seen them in my LFS. And are they hardy?
yes you can get them in the uk, might need to look around but they are out there
though i wouldn put them in your 50 gallon, really small and shy and might be out competed

Well i have the endlers, and my experience with fancy tails has not been great.

Well i have the endlers, and my experience with fancy tails has not been great.
ah ok what is it that you like about guppies, so we can maybe suggest fish you like is it the colour, the movement, the personality, the shape of them

What about Glowlight Danios (Celestichthys choprae)? I've never kept them so I can't comment on activity levels.

ah ok what is it that you like about guppies, so we can maybe suggest fish you like is it the colour, the movement, the personality, the shape of them
Its the colour and behaviour i like with guppies, in my experience they are the lively fish ive had. But unless I know the breeder, I would worry with fancy tails as they seem to have the hardness taken away with all the cross breeding. That said, I would possibly try again in a bigger environment

Glowlight danios look interesting, its just getting them. I have to rely on Maidenhead aquatics or pets @ home (UK)

Fish are being suggested, but the water parameters have not been stated, at least not that I can find going back through this thread. "Perfect" parameters is mentioned, but what does that mean? What is the GH and pH of the source water?

Only non-parameter comment so far is on the Corydoras habrosus...in this large a tank (to the cories) a larger group will be better for the fish and you. A group of 20-25, leaning towards the higher number. Assuming you have sand substrate.

@Nemo2182 Look on your water company's website for hardness. Ignore any words they use and look for a number and the units of measurement as there are several different units they could use. If you can't find it, tell us the name of the company and we'll look for the page.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back